What Catch Can you guys using - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default What Catch Can you guys using

looking at catch cans and was wondering what catch cans you guys running,
was looking at the provent, but they don't do any for a 2021 https://www.westernfilters.net.au/pr...productId=3006
They only seem to go as far as 2017,
Old 06-01-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 838 Times in 469 Posts

Curtin Uni in Australia did a pretty intensive test on 12 catch cans a couple of years ago. Many were worse than useless .From memory Provent and Flashlube
came out on top.Can not see any reason why the Provent 200 kit for the WK Vm diesel would not fit ok.
Old 06-01-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 126 Times in 78 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Fitted the Flashlube provent 10k ago after having issues with EGR and MAP sensor throwing up " service electronic throttle control" fault & code.
No kit but fitted it up my self and attached to the air box via an aluminum sandwich...
Very happy and collected about 80ml so far.
Old 06-01-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 235 Times in 132 Posts

I just went with the Flashlube as well and DIY mounting as it was a fair bit cheaper on special and smaller overall to install. I think flashlube is the only reputable alternative to Provent from this forum and others. My bracket goes around the air cleaner box so is secure. Recently saw a Provent mounted to the 2 xcam cover spare bolts which I would not do myself as a personal view only. Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

Yep another happy Flashlube catch can user here. As mentioned, smaller and the top can be rotated to better align the in and out ports depending on mounted location.
Old 06-01-2022
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Provent 200 kit on mine, no problems.
Old 06-01-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

First one on WG and Colorado was a shop job can which I modded, the WK2 has a Provent knock off which I removed the shut off valves from as I see absolutely no need for them and I made my own bracket which mounts off the air box, a couple of hoses have clamps on the rest are just push fit.. system shouldn't have any pressure but if it does the hoses will self remove... works a treat as good as my other one.... $60 for can and hoses. Would much prefer to vent it but leaves oil on garage floor. The filter is stainless steel, the paper filters are a rip off I reckon.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply