EOI: J200 Gladiator - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > 4~SALE > Aussie Jeeps For Sale
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Exclamation EOI: J200 Gladiator

MODEL: 1966 J200 Gladiator

ODOMETER KM: about 32,000 miles

CONDITION: Rusted floors (mostly removed), bit of rust in the steel that makes up the rear tray, few dings and scrapes but overall for her age, fair.

REGISTRATION NO: NOT REGISTERED (was when purchased failed pre blue slip inspection (not a real formal fail) in NSW)

REASON FOR SELLING: I thought i would have the time to work on this, but i don
't. In addition to being time poor, i find myself wanting to turn it into a crawler so this is your chance to save her! lol

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: What it owes me is about 6k, open to sensible offers. Will be listed on Fleebay next week if no takers, i need it gone.

Presently it has a ford 289 V8, C4 transmission and LPG conversion, D20 transfer case and a fairly recent heavy duty rear drive shaft. The interior ripped out with most of the rusted floor cut out. It does start and run. Has the original diffs (D53 in rear, D44 in front). The speedo and odo work as they should, after market temp and rev gauges. As an indication of the reliability of the drive line, i drove it from Balarat to Sydney in one shot with no issues.

She would make an awesome project, i would rather see it restored but if i keep it, it will be turned into a crawler which would be a bit of a shame, so save her!

I purchased new steel for the floors (an entire sheet) that will come with it (small portion of the sheet was used for practice welding).

It has all the original paper work, including the purchase documentation, all the service information, the original owners manual, original key ring (not sure the keys are original though). All good news for those looking for a restoration project.

Last edited by ARB87U; 07-12-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: ommited some info :)
Old 30-11-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default i am interested

hi ARB87U
how mush you want for it ?
will need more photos of inside cab and any rust area
do you know the diff ratio ??
Old 04-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fully standard jeep View Post
hi ARB87U
how mush you want for it ?
will need more photos of inside cab and any rust area
do you know the diff ratio ??
Open to offers, it is 4.11 for the ratio. The rusted floor has been cut-out. Slight surface rust in places nothing major.
Old 07-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

OK Guys,

No longer EOI but outright sale, i have a new toy that needs the space!!

Open to sensible offers, these things are pretty dang rare, 1 more week on AJOR then i am listing it on Ebay.
Old 07-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB87U View Post
If it were a J20 it would have been done already, i have concerns about cutting up a J200.
forgive my ignorance:
whats the difference between a j20 and a 200?
Old 07-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie Jeeper View Post
forgive my ignorance:
whats the difference between a j20 and a 200?
The J200 is the grand father (60's) of the J20 (80's) and is in fact the civilian version of the M715. From a technical stand point the J200 and J20 body wise are only the same forward of the doors. They also differ in the engine and running gear / drive train, though in this instance that is less relevant. A point of more interest is that there are a million J20's around and bugger all J200's. Even in the US they are getting rare.
Old 07-12-2011
Lowranger Shocker

I just had a look around as i was sure i saw JimmyB post a thread about it recently. Here it is

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...highlight=j200
Post New Thread  Reply