tracks around dunsbourogh WA - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2008
Renegado

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default tracks around dunsbourogh WA

what are the best tracks around dunsbourogh?? looking for some good sandy beach tracks/dunes to tear around on when i head down from perth in a few weeks time... any suggestions?? cheers!
Old 02-04-2008
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check out the 4WD weekends out of perth booklet at the news agents it has a few tracks between the capes in it.

There is also tracks through the Boranup forrest off caves road south of margaret river & you can get on the beach from Hamlin bay.

Cheers

Bri
Old 06-04-2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisey View Post
Check out the 4WD weekends out of perth booklet at the news agents it has a few tracks between the capes in it.

There is also tracks through the Boranup forrest off caves road south of margaret river & you can get on the beach from Hamlin bay.

Cheers

Bri

You cant get onto the beach from the boat ramp area of hamlin bay. There is a track bout 300-400metres north of Bushby Rd on Caves Rd. Pristine beach beautiful spot.

I went through one track through the boranup forest (1st one to the right if you come onto south end of boranup drv and it was pretty lame they had a sign saying 4wd only but I didnt even need to put my car into 4wd. Very dissapointed. Wouldnt bother doin that one. I'll be trying the others when I go back down later on this year.
Old 06-04-2008
RustysRocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj04 View Post
I went through one track through the boranup forest (1st one to the right if you come onto south end of boranup drv and it was pretty lame they had a sign saying 4wd only but I didnt even need to put my car into 4wd. Very dissapointed. Wouldnt bother doin that one. I'll be trying the others when I go back down later on this year.
I agree the track isn't challenging but it does eventually end up going down to a nice sheltered spot on the coast good for swimming. Lot's of caves in the area too.

Cheers

Bri
Old 09-04-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i did the cape to cape in the 4wd book a few years ago in the old TJ. Some nice spots to stop at and have a look at and only a km or 2 on the black top so even better only downside was a puddle on one of the tracks had a bigger drop off/climb(one way in and the same way out) then i expected.
Old 06-09-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just Back from a trip up to the Wedge island track last weekend. If you want some good off road stuff in the sand an a nice place to camp start in Lancelin 4x4 park and finish in Cevantes. its only 90km of fun but there are two good spots for dunes driving and a perfect camping spot (not strictly legal though) at wedge island. Good surf and good sandboarding (Can be hired for the day at Lancelin for $20 + $50 deposit) if you want.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.ph...5&id=517967057
Post New Thread  Reply