Supercharger for 2000 WJ 4.7 - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2009
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeyeroo View Post
Hi,
i'm looking into a supercharger for my hemi grand, in no great hurry though, and stumbled on these. They look great on v8's but i want to do more research. Any ideas?

www.techointl.com/
You mean http://www.techcointl.com/ ? Yeah saw these for the dodge, they look awesome (unfortunately nothing for 4.7's). Particularly like the integrated intercooling. They pretty pricey - pretty sure you could build a kit up yourself for less with a whipple/eaton/lysholm blower.. but then its a headache. They seem to have a pretty good wrap with the mustang crowd, I remember them mentioned quite a bit in forum trawling.

My opinion: If you really want boost, just do it.. I figure the best way to get max fun out of a Jeep is to just keep feeding money into it

Got the pulley line up sorted out over weekend. Trying to find an internal heat exchanger/w2a intercooler to mount inside the manifold. Figured out how to fit the blower under the stock bonnet, but just realised a bit of an issue... air con is a lot deeper (closer to block) than I thought. need to either find some shallower a/c compressor or do a hood scoop I think. I saw a scoop on a jeep the other day. Looks shit IMO.. much rather the understated look with 400kw+ under the lid.

ps. If anyone is after performance/custom camshaft grinds for 4.7's, theres a little bit of lobbying going on with comp cams. http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/4-7l-...cams-2620.html - post up, compcams is looking into it now, expressions of interest might help twist their arm. Would be good to not have lash caps flying around inside the engine at 6k rpm as some other alternatives require.
Old 14-03-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 62 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnut View Post
ps. If anyone is after performance/custom camshaft grinds for 4.7's,

andys auto sports have a crane cam on there website, 168.00 plus another 150 to ship it here
Old 26-03-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

So I'm just going to perform a little CPR on this thread, and bring it back from the dead.

I've often thought (maybe not seriously) about trying to get a supercharger on the 4.7, but gave up last year as no one seemed interested in helping out.
Well, I just stumbled across this page on facebook, and all I can say is, oh cr@p.
Oh cr@p because I'm trying to save money at the moment, but I'm not sure if I can turn away an all-inclusive kit, with delivery to Aus at $1500.

Whet your appetite?

Anybody here got one?
More info here: - http://www.facebook.com/REVPERFORMANCE

And for those without facebook;

8 December 2012
Wondering about a jeep4.7v8 supercharger...

R.P.A. Peformance What would you like to know?

Do you have a kit I seen on a forum that ya'll did?

R.P.A. Peformance Yes i sold my WJ it was on, but i kept the kit. Can have it built and ready to ship in 2 weeks if you are not in town. And come with everything you need to install and instructions. 1250$

Is there a number I could contact you on? Who is the. Charger made by?

R.P.A. Peformance 720 621 7029 Charger is made by Eaton and it's a Gen 1 m90

Will the block need built as in head work and bottom end?

R.P.A. Peformance Not on a low boost setup, Your factory fueling, heads, and bottom end are more than adequate. however if you run higher boost you will need to start upgrading the factory components.
R.P.A. Peformance They will be mounting brackets for the Eaton m90 from a Ford thunderbird unless you have another charger in mind

Another comment:

Hey do you guys still have Supercharger Kits for the Jeep 4.7?

R.P.A. Peformance Yes we do

What does the kit come with?

R.P.A. Peformance Everything needed. Eaton m90 supercharger. Piping. Belt. Mounting brackets . And a different upper radiator hose. And for 2300 comes with injectors. Map sensor and piggyback tuner

Last one:

Hey mate, how much for the WJ 4.7 V8 just for low boost, also wouldn't need an intercooled setup on low boost? Lastly, how much for shipping to Adelaide, AUS? Cheers

R.P.A. Peformance Shipped to Aus i would say 1500$ for everything.

Things I like about this.
It comes as a complete kit.
The piping is routed so I can still easily connect it to my snorkel.
The price is ridiculous.
They will post to Aus.
Somebody talk me out of this, I really don't need it!
Old 27-03-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

Sounds great, go for it and let us know how it goes.

I was going to trade my WG in on a JK in the next 12-18 months but have decided to keep it for a few more years.

If you want to be the guinea pig on the job we will offer all the moral support you need. ;P
Old 27-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbotrog View Post
Sounds great, go for it and let us know how it goes.

I was going to trade my WG in on a JK in the next 12-18 months but have decided to keep it for a few more years.

If you want to be the guinea pig on the job we will offer all the moral support you need. ;P

indeed. moral support
c'mon give it a go... we will most likely help with all the peer pressure you need to make a decision too
Old 27-03-2013
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

V8jofes, you bad bad man!! Whet the appetite indeed!!

I've been looking into this for a while to no avail. How on earth did you stumble on this? Good on ya mate!

I stumbled on some caution for those doing it.

Kenne Bell did make a supercharger for the 4.7l, and the 3.7l, Mopar engines. However, they were discontinued after a series of piston failures.

This was due to the top piston ring being only 1/8th of an inch from the top of the piston itself. Mopar engineers did this to improve emissions performance, which it did accomplish, but it has the secondary result of making the engine unfriendly to forced induction.

If you do buy one of these superchargers used somewhere, you would be well advised to keep the boost at 5psi or less. This of course makes a very expensive add on not very effective.

Or, if you want to run more boost, you will need to pull the engine and swap the cast aluminum pistons with something more durable like forged ones. The top ring itself is plasma-molly stock, while the second is chrome and the oil rings are chrome with a stainless steel expander.

In short, the 4.7l is quite a bit of work to boost.

Thanks,

Warren
Old 27-03-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

most of the 90s turbo cars ran around 7psi on engines that were 2 litre, I imagine 5psi on a 4.7 would still yield pretty good results.

Also fuel mixture would need to be a little more on the rich side just to be extra safe.

wehireit.com.au
parkersgoods.com.au Jeep Parts
Post New Thread  Reply