What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1845 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Probably not the dump pipe.
No it's just the sound of the turbo. Having a bigger pipe it doesn't muffle the sound.
Old 09-08-2014
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Success, yeer har........ The Jeep is going at last. Just got about 8pm tonight. I must say I was dreading the first engine start, only because of all the trouble I had getting it in right. Funny thing was I had everything in bar the drive shafts and then I find a long bolt. After some searching I realise its off the back of the trans. I must have accidently undone it when I was pulling off the TC the first time. Anyway the TC had to come back out again so lost around 2.5hrs pulling it out and putting back in again. Then I had a scare there was a grindy noise the first couple of times I put it back in the park. After an hour of stressing I realised it was because the drive shaft was not in and the engine was still spinning. Three times I tried and had to shut the engine of soon as the noise started. Once I figured out the issue all was good. I wanted to test the drive before I took it around the paddocks for the second test. Third test was around the block. Now I am out getting internet range and just sorted the rego. Three other issues just occurred tonight and may all be related. The radio is not working, the front wipers are not working, nor the squirters. And my near new headlight globe has either blown or is not getting power.
I thought its a fuse the wipers yet the owners manual doesn't list a fuse for the front wipers. . If anyone can tell me what number it is that will save me pulling each fuse one by one.

Regards A
Old 09-08-2014
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Just found out the prob with the wipers and radio may not be a fuse. Both started working just now. Yet with the engine running they stopped again and a minute later they worked again. Anyone got an idea what's going on there? Heads up I do have the vent panel off as its getting replaced after it was busted due to massive winds blowing the bonnet right back over a few months back.

Regards A
Old 10-08-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
Success, yeer har........ The Jeep is going at last. Just got about 8pm tonight. I must say I was dreading the first engine start, only because of all the trouble I had getting it in right. Funny thing was I had everything in bar the drive shafts and then I find a long bolt. After some searching I realise its off the back of the trans. I must have accidently undone it when I was pulling off the TC the first time. Anyway the TC had to come back out again so lost around 2.5hrs pulling it out and putting back in again. Then I had a scare there was a grindy noise the first couple of times I put it back in the park. After an hour of stressing I realised it was because the drive shaft was not in and the engine was still spinning. Three times I tried and had to shut the engine of soon as the noise started. Once I figured out the issue all was good. I wanted to test the drive before I took it around the paddocks for the second test. Third test was around the block. Now I am out getting internet range and just sorted the rego. Three other issues just occurred tonight and may all be related. The radio is not working, the front wipers are not working, nor the squirters. And my near new headlight globe has either blown or is not getting power.
I thought its a fuse the wipers yet the owners manual doesn't list a fuse for the front wipers. . If anyone can tell me what number it is that will save me pulling each fuse one by one.

Regards A
All this info is contained in the FSM that I sent the link to you to download...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 10-08-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

According to greatlakesxj.com there is no fuse for the wipers. #22 is the rear wiper, may be the same. Radio is #17 on the kick panel.
Old 10-08-2014
MonsterMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
According to greatlakesxj.com there is no fuse for the wipers. #22 is the rear wiper, may be the same. Radio is #17 on the kick panel.
According to my info here it's a 20A circuit breaker #30 in the junction block, where ever that is, this is the same feed for the front and rear washer pumps as well...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 10-08-2014
MonsterMoose

http://web.archive.org/web/200901060....com/tech.html

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Post New Thread  Reply