What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2341 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-09-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 98 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidecustoms View Post
Been crook so no real energy to get the major work out of the way but started pulling my tints off due to bubbling (my word what a sh*tty job), did most of the rear window and a passenger window. Can barely tell the difference without them it was that faded. Separates when you look at it funny, must have been on there 15 years.

What you can tell the difference with is hitting the plastic moulds with bumper paint. Looks a million bucks, sort of.

Prepped with wax & grease remover and also trimmed the rear plastic guards due to some rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any particular bumper paint ? I might give this one a crack myself.
Old 21-09-2015
Established Member

Liked 76 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKLISTED View Post
Got any pics for inspiration there squire? Wouldn't mind doing something like this myself.

Have tried a few times to get pics uploaded. Gave up. Installed some leds attached to the shelf frame and the cargo barrier. The cargo barrier ones light up the rear and the cabin too. Also installed the shelf above the compressor which has an aluminum battery tray for my battery box (haven't installed the tie-down strap yet). The led light switch is a missile switch with blue on-led wired direct to main car battery and fused. I wanted to have light in the boot without having to have the ignition on (which the Anderson plug does). The leds were adhesive backed already, stuck them to aluminum strips then double sided taped them to the frame, heat shrink and zip ties where appropriate.

I have a camping trip with my three daughters coming up so wanted to get everything done by then.

Also replaced the tailgate struts so now I don't have to jam a broom under it to hold it up!

Will try again to add pics of the cargo area...

If you don't ask, you don't learn.
Old 21-09-2015
Established Member

Liked 76 Times in 36 Posts

Pics didn't work. As usual. If anyone is interested I will email or text them to you. Pm me if interested. Cheers, Squire.

If you don't ask, you don't learn.
Old 22-09-2015
Trail Twister

Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_slut View Post
I used "dupli color bumper black" on mine. Worked a treat.
Old 22-09-2015
MudSplasher

Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts
Default What did you do to your XJ today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_slut View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
I used "dupli color bumper black" on mine. Worked a treat.

This one
Old 22-09-2015
MudSplasher

Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts

So the diff is in but realize now I've got to ream out my pitman arm. Also got a cross threaded fitting on the hard line side of the power steering pump.

Anyone got a 5/8" reamer and drill I can borrow before I go buy one this morning, likewise spare high pressure power steering line south side of Sydney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22-09-2015
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Hi finely got to put in the new parts i have been collecting
new water pump and hoses
adrad HD brass radiator dimpled tubs and cap 16Lb,
16" thermo fan 2750cfm into oem shroud,
removed fan bearing mount and made bracket from water pump to power steering pump,
rerouted 6pk 2310 belt ,
temp switch 95 on 90 off in top radiator hose with billet adapter
msd coil and leads
davis unified dissy cap brass contacts
champion plugs rc12lyc at 40'
62mm bored throttle body and spacer
synergy HD upper and lower adj control arms
just gotta find update plugs for TPS, MAP, IAC so i can splice them in for new sencers i have my pre update plugs are loose tried closing contacts ,working but i thought i would update them as i already have update sensors that came with throttle body

cheers