WK2 - Rear knocking noise - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2012
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

I've driven around 10 or so of these new WK2's, mostly new ones but some with 15,000klms and 20,000klms+ - cant really say I've heard the noise you speak of but I thought a while ago I might have seen a pic/story/bulletin about it?

Keep persisting with Jeep Australia, they'll get there eventually!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 09-02-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts

We had/have the same knock/rattle, Laredo CRD load leveling rear suspension
Had the rear shocks replaced thought in had solved the problem, but the knock has returned
Interesting, I towed a mates 5m boat 500km plus on a fishing trip yesterday and with the load of the boat on the back the knock-rattle was gone, finished the trip drop the boat off, driving home and the knock is back dam
7500km of the clock now so I will get them to look at the shocks again when it goes in for the 10,000km service
Yoda
Old 14-02-2012
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thought I might subscribe to this thread to see how it eventuates.

So far I haven't noticed anything similar in our MY12 Overland but you never know hey
Old 17-02-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko1949 View Post
Spoke with the servicing manager yesterday. Apparently they are still waiting for the Chrysler/Jeep regional manager to drop in so they can show him the problem. Interestingly he admitted that since my complaint their mechanic had test driven other similiar models which were in for work only to find that everyone of them so far has the same noise to varying degrees. Have asked him to see if he can speed up their research as the noise is starting to drive me mad. Some other websites suggest that it may also be the rear stabilizer bar. It is getting to the stage that I will go to a suspension expert and if necessary fix the thing myself and send the bill to Chrysler. If it is the shocks the Aussie equivalent can't be too expensive. Haven't written to Chrysler yet but will definitely do so if there is no result shortly. The battle continues
Rang to book in for the 10,000k service and as the servicing manager answered the phone I decided that I might as well ask him if he had heard anything from Jeep. He advised that the Regional Manger stated that although the matter had been passed on to the Jeep technical people, the noise was accepted as normal with no further action required. Of course I totally disagreed with that diagnosis and I even volunteered to leave the car there until they found the problem but the servicing manager went on to advise that without Jeep authority, there was little more they could do. He did suggest that I contact Customer Care (1300 133 079) which I did. Customer care then contacted the dealer and got a similar story. She went on to advise that the matter had been forwarded to the technical people and that she expected a reply in the “near” future. She undertook to give me a call next Monday with an update on the matter. She also suggested that I might like to take the vehicle to another dealer for an opinion. Can’t see how this will help if Jeep consider the noise to be “normal”. Now might be a good time for anyone out there who still has the problem to not only contact their dealers but also Customer Care. At least that will leave them in no doubt that there is a problem out here.
Old 17-02-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Thanks Gecko 1949 here is my up date. The service dep't rang tuesday the 14th Feb and told me they are still working on a fix. they think the rattle/rumble is in the load level shockers. so I did a bit of research and rang ARB who told me they do not have a shocker from Old Man Emu to fit the WK2 yet. I then rang Pedders suspension who said the same thing. The shocks in the jeep are self levelling they screw up when the load is on, sharing the load with the springs. So changing the shocks with current after market type means you have to change the springs to a firmer type. So I will wait for jeep to find the answer. I will now ring customer care on Monday to let them know I am waiting for a fix. Thanks Peter
Old 18-02-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Lets see how many have the knocking/rattle in there GC WK2 please click on jjgc and send me a email with reg No and a short description where you are at with Chrysler/Jeep. I will post the numbers on this thread.
Old 18-02-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Question

I have just posted a similiar thread on the US Jeep Garage Forum. Will be interesting to see responses. http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...006#post576006