Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 20 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-12-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotqld View Post
Hi Clarky
Where did you get those diagrams from? I have spent days trying to find things.

The TCM Transmission Control Module is located in the internal fire wall behind your radio. It was a problem to find took days unique to the WH CRD I suspect.
The service manual lists the TCM for the V6 petrol as being "behind he dashboard", so I guess it's the same spot. Do both V6s (crd and petrol) use the same transmission?

That module (the real "TCM".) has no physical or CANbus interface to the transfer-case or shift motor/actuator. For the V8s that module is combined with the PCM (in the engine bay next to the brake master cylinder.), but is listed with the same CANbus logic, which is interesting.
Old 18-12-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

Clarky
I don't think Autoenginuity is going to do that.
My understanding it will read and delete most codes.
No programing.

The dealer can identify the software version by the last two didgets.
Can the dealer reinstall a older version of software?
Sunco charged me $240.00 inc GST to install current software and programme the TCM so it would talk to all the other modules....their words explaining the process to me.

I had a USA Jeep mechanic from just answers helping me and he reckoned the TCM was plug and play ...he was wrong.
I checked today...I still have my old transfer case electric motor....10 min job if you want to take a punt...never know.

Last edited by hotqld; 18-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 18-12-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I think I will get it off you, I will get back to you when my autoenginuity arrives. Once the code is set it has to be cleared, even with replacement parts the code won't clear itself.

Enhanced interface for Chrysler and Dodge-family lists
-Current VIN programming & Module Configuration Setup
Old 19-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 832 Times in 467 Posts

Just had email from the dealer that new actuator should be in the country around 4th Jan.
Old 02-01-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default The saga continues

Story so far...

Had the vehicle serviced in late Aug. Went to use low range a short while later and got the service 4wd message. Pondered this for a while before seeing this and other threads then queried the dealer and sure enough the recall update had been applied at the previous service.

Much back and forth with the dealer who would not accept it was anything other than a coincidence, no reports of anyone else having issues and no reports from Chrysler of any issues according to them.

Eventually gave up and ordered a new actuator from Morris 4x4 which arrived within days for half the dealer price, fitted it and had the dealer reset the code in the FDCM (C01F?? something like that anyway) in early Dec.

Yay, low range again and used it a few times during Dec. Car was serviced again just before Xmas and after picking it up was noticeably different to drive, sluggish etc so they've clearly over written the GDE tune. Re-flashed the GDE tune, which immediately restored the performance, and checked low range again. All good.

Go to haul the boat out of the water Christmas day, no low range. Argghhhh.

Queried the dealer today and the service report from Dec shows no indication that the engine was re-flashed yet I believe it was. Why?

Is the GDE tune causing anything to do with the low range issue? Personally I doubt it as it was still loaded and working fine from early Dec until Xmas but doubtless the dealer will point the finger at it regardless.

Have had the GDE tune for a couple of years now and wonder how much that has been updated by GDE since? For example, when I got mine there was no mention of it disabling the EGR or swirl valve but it's one of the features now listed on the GDE website. Are we entitled to updates? Might flick that one to Stu.

Anyway, back to the dealer next week for more arguing!
Old 02-01-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Right there with you mate, no low range for over a month now and a nothing from the dealer that was going to look into it.

I have received my copy of autoenginuity and will be able to restore low range when the lap top is fixed(if it's not one thing it another)

Will still chase Chrysler/Jeep/Fiat to fix what they caused.
Old 02-01-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 832 Times in 467 Posts

I am sick and tired of all this N23 bullshit.Three trips to the dealer 800 klms later still not fixed now waiting for a new actuator which the dealer states will arrive on the 4th Jan, which may or may not fix the problem.If the vehicle shows a certain code the actuator has to be supplied and fitted FOC.This was/is a safety recall and no WH vehicle owner wether in or out of warranty should have to pay for the repair.It is now four months without low range, To FC AUS ,I bought this bloody vehicle intending to use it as it should be used,including having low range,I cannot go away in it as intended because of this and other problems.Under The Trade Practices Act it is not fit for the purpose intended.(69000klms on speedo when this started.)How many WH owners have this problem,how many owners dont know they have this problem but do.why dont we all put our names to a letter.?Send it to FC HQ. Bare in mind consequential damages now comes into play under the new Aus consumer laws.!!I am still battling to get sense over the whine in my WH which was noted under warranty and agreed by the service advisor shouldnt be there!!This is a rant with a capital R,and only 2 days into the new year.!!

Last edited by bjm; 02-01-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply