SNAKE RACING - Rock Warrior Diff Guard - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > REVIEWS & NEW PRODUCTS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2003
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,174 Times in 709 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default SNAKE RACING - Rock Warrior Diff Guard

The "Rock Warrior" diff guards will offer that much needed protection to the front or rear ring and pinions fitted to your diff housings.

The open web type design allows for mud and dirt to easily escape from the housing while still offering maximum strength and accesability to the fill plug.

Step 1 Place the small bucket under the diff and then remove the 7 bolts on the front differential cover that the guard uses to bolt on. After removing these bolts the gasket seal MAY let go and start to leak.

If this happens you'll need to remove the differential cover completely and reseal the diff cover. As you can see in Figure 1 my seal held up with the bolts removed, so I didn't need to redo the gasket and oil.

Step2 Place the diff guard in position. Using the 7 new bolts that came with the guard bolt your new guard onto the differential. It's really that simple! When tightening the bolts I tightened them as I would a tire.

I figured that if I tightened the bolts on one side I may have put enough pressure on the opposite side to crack the gasket seal. So I tightened them in a criss-cross pattern just to be safe. OK now step back and enjoy the view! You're all done! Easy!

As you can see in this photo you still have clear access to the fill hole. Notice the rachet extension in the fill hole showing you still have access.

Tie-Rod clearance and the excellent approach angle the rounded front of the guard offers in protecting your ring and pinion.

Tools: 1/2" Wrench and/or socket.

Other: Gasket Goo, Diff Oil and oil tray

Price: $144 AUD [Sept 02]

Colour: Red, black, yellow

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 30-06-2004
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where can I get a set of these?
Old 30-06-2004
Certifiable Goat Wrangler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

www.snakeracing.com.au
Old 12-01-2005
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Jip was the model they measured up for that one and I was supposed to get one at a discount for driving out there and back to let them have a look. Totally forgot about it until I read this review.
Old 12-01-2005
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,174 Times in 709 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

well you should go and see them, and maybe even get them to give you something new for a review?

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 13-01-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cant seam to get there products up on their website?

http://store.snakeracing.com.au/
Old 13-01-2005
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, neither can I get info up when I click on products on their home page. Rest of the site seems to be working okay.
Post New Thread  Reply