What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-01-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjlimited View Post
Thanks mate, I got the bar from a jeep only wreckers in Hervey Bay for 450 bucks(Its brand new),www.j-p-r.com.

I cant really take a better picture right now cos it's raining monsoon hard in Brisbane right now haha.
Thanks for the info & the pic wj. Nice looking bar.
Sounds like you banana benders need an ark!!

Cheers, Craig
Old 29-01-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8_jofes View Post
Just going through my pics and vids, will put more up soon
Looking fwd to that v8_jofes
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 29-01-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Looking fwd to that v8_jofes
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that already, rising water has a way of diverting ones attention.

Anyway, I'd better do these as thumbnails, or I'll crash the forum with the amount I want to show (I have a happy shutter-finger on my camera haha) and trust me, these are only a few haha.
Here goes.

Clicking the thumbs will take you to slightly larger, yet not full size images. To get to the full size, hover over the image when it takes you to imageshack and click the magnifying glass. Most I've downscaled to 30%, but some are are still as large as 50% (sunset at the start and sunset at the end for example).

Oh, and, before someone picks me up on it, I'm aware (now) that I had crap on my image sensor. Quite frustrating to be looking through my photos and find the same dark blob on them. We cleaned it over Christmas, but obviously got more crap in there afterwards. Ah well

This was in NSW somewhere on the drive down.

Toolangi state forest. My brother was only too excited, to have to come up, get me out, and give me shit for getting stuck haha. Oh well, I got him back in Robe

Close your window when driving though mud. Duh haha

I wish this thing would just shake off the mud, like in the tv ad's years ago!

This track is called... Yep, you guessed it: Rocky Track, Toolangi

Halls Gap / Grampians

We weren't the only ones feeling the heat that day.

Beautifully clear skies at night at our cabin in Halls Gap. It's not easy to try to stand still for an exposure that long either!!

Robe
What a maze.

Moved this guy off the track before he got run over

Lunch stop.

These look like they are plastic and have come straight out of someone's fish tank!!

While I was off galavanting around taking photos, my brother decided to dig the sand out from under my wheels where I was parked. I didn't get stuck, but payback was in order, and it was too hot to work a shovel, so I used four rotary shovels to try to dig it up in front of him and get him stuck

Much to my annoyance, he drove straight through my hard work, but then got stuck further up the beach anyway hahahaha, I mean, awww what a shame

Had another guy tag along with us and wasn't paying attention on this one, particularly soft dune. Had to pull him sideways a little before snatching him over.

My sister in law was quite impressed with out "stadium lights" as she called it, lighting up our campsite. One small LED light fitting on the back of my car, and two on the back of my brothers.

Long beach, Robe

Spot of evening / night driving on the beach.

Oh no, he got stuck again hahaha. I deliberately drove on the softer section, closer to the water as I went past him to rub it in hehehe

I had a chuckle at this guy. He had the whole paddock to munch on, but insisted on sticking his head in and out of the fence to get to the grass near the road.

First time I've seen so many Galahs on the beach. Obviously munching on something growing there.

Playing on the dunes to the south of Robe.

And then that happened. Went up a dune with a little too much right foot, and turned my dana 30 into a banana. Attempted to pull out the axle shafts to stop everything turning over in the diff and the prop shaft. We got the short side out ok, but the long side was jammed in because of the bend in the housing. We put the hubs back on and the next day I realised we were lucky to get back without the wheels falling off, as the CV cup that has the abs tone ring on it actually holds the wheel hub bearings together, they are only a pressed together assembly. So then before driving home we had to disassemble the CV joints so we could just use the cup/housing to hold the bearing together. Sketchy sh!t. (yes we have video with all four wheels in the air, that's coming later)(I hate watching it, such a dumbar$e for doing it)

Mt Terrible - Donald Track
This track was actually rather disappointing. Dad had been talking it up as nearly impossible, however they had dozed it and widened it since he had been there last, so although it was steep in sections, it was a bit of a walk in the park.

Can you spot the lizard in this photo?

Little mine we found. Gate was (recently) welded closed. I couldn't believe how cold it was, just in the cutting walking up to the gate, still in the open. It was at least 15Degrees colder at the gate than at the cars.

This is somewhere in NSW, between Moree and Goondiwindi on my way home. There was a massive storm front on the highway in front of me, with lots of lightning strikes, so I thought I'd pull over and try my luck at getting a lightning shot. After an hour, I finally managed to get one with the camera set up taking photos every second (plus, the sunset looked pretty good too)

Hope you enjoyed it

Last edited by v8_jofes; 29-01-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Perfectionist
Old 30-01-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that already, rising water has a way of diverting ones attention.
Hope all is well over there... scary stuff.

Quote:
Hope you enjoyed it
Def did! Thanks for taking the time to post . Look like a great trip. There seems to be so many great places to tour/wheel/visit on the east coast, I wish it was closer to me and my Jeep... You obviously enjoy taking your photos as well as it looks like you put thought into it and they look great, what camera/equip are you using?
Old 30-01-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Hope all is well over there... scary stuff.
All is well for me and those I know, however it's confirmed that 6 people have lost their lives to this natural disaster.
The water is receeding very quickly, as the storm and rain came from the ocean this time, not from inland as it normally would, so rivers are draining quickly in places.

Quote:
Def did! Thanks for taking the time to post . Look like a great trip. There seems to be so many great places to tour/wheel/visit on the east coast, I wish it was closer to me and my Jeep... You obviously enjoy taking your photos as well as it looks like you put thought into it and they look great, what camera/equip are you using?
Ah, a welcome sound to my ears after ensuing arguments on facebook regarding instagram (hate it), so thank you

Camera is a Nikon D7000 DSLR and I use three Nikon lenses, a wide angle (non fish eye, but it still distorts a little) 10-24mm lens, an all-round 18-105mm lens, and a telephoto 70-300mm for those longer shots and a tripod to make things a little easier.
I'm still learning how to use it, but it's great fun to experiment, and takes good video too (all my youtube videos are taken with the Nikon)

I'm sure WA has it's awesome sights to see too! I remember seeing a photo on here a while ago of someone with a Grand on a pristine beach in WA somewhere with beautiful white sand, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the beach.

Now I suppose you want me to get started on all the video editing, so you can watch that too huh? haha
Old 30-01-2013
LokRinger

Liked 1,744 Times in 551 Posts

Good to see you had such a great time down there. Love it around Robe and will go back again soon.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 31-01-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
All is well for me and those I know, however it's confirmed that 6 people have lost their lives to this natural disaster.
The water is receeding very quickly, as the storm and rain came from the ocean this time, not from inland as it normally would, so rivers are draining quickly in places.
That's good to hear, for you at least.. Not for the 6.

Quote:
Ah, a welcome sound to my ears after ensuing arguments on facebook regarding instagram (hate it), so thank you

Camera is a Nikon D7000 DSLR and I use three Nikon lenses, a wide angle (non fish eye, but it still distorts a little) 10-24mm lens, an all-round 18-105mm lens, and a telephoto 70-300mm for those longer shots and a tripod to make things a little easier.
I'm still learning how to use it, but it's great fun to experiment, and takes good video too (all my youtube videos are taken with the Nikon)
That's some decent gear you're using. I'm really a beginner but my friends have DSLR's and we're all 'into' photography and I'm actually looking to upgrade to some Nikon DSLR stuff soon. Been looking at the D5200, but I'm prob going to wait until the D7100 comes out.

I'm glad you told me about the wide angle lens, as I may look to get one of those as well as apart from the stock lens they usually come with I want a nice wide lens. And good to know that your vids were done with this cam as they look like great quality.

Quote:
I'm sure WA has it's awesome sights to see too! I remember seeing a photo on here a while ago of someone with a Grand on a pristine beach in WA somewhere with beautiful white sand, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the beach.
Yeah WA has got some great stuff. The only prob is everything is so spread out over here, gotta drive for hours to get to where you want to.. We do have heaps of beaches like you described, in fact I'd say that is mostly what the 4wd culture over here is, just heading to the beach for camping, fishing, playing in dunes etc.

Quote:
Now I suppose you want me to get started on all the video editing, so you can watch that too huh? haha
Read my mind. Get to it! haha . All good, I will wait patiently
Post New Thread  Reply