Overland Satnav state change button not working - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

I took this up with FCA and the guys servicing locally on my 14 month old car. It started in Nov 2016 (from memory) when the gearbox update went in.

Absolutely got nowhere.. Even went to fair trading as the voice command to change state was useless (wanted to go to ACT, ended up showing me addresses in NT!!).

Fair trading as just as useless as FCA were. I actually got FCA to say that they would pay for a $200 sat nav to stick in the car!!!

So, I have a 70K car, and the maps can't be updated since 2014, and the thing doesn't work properly to change states for 12 months, and that's compensation!!

What is the world coming to where such bad software can be written and FCA/local dealer/NSW Fair Trading all wipe their hands and say 'we don't care about our customers'..

Has anybody tired a overseas update to see if this fixes it?
Old 08-01-2018

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

I just got a reply from FCA.

From Robert Lawson:

Telephone: 1300 133 079
Email: robert.lawson@fcagroup.com

I have been advised that new mapping will be available shortly, we are just waiting to get the mapping software approved and once this is released, hopefully this will fix your concern

As I am not technically trained, I would suggest to discuss this concern with your dealer if you have not already done this and they can submit a technical case to our technical team

They might have new information that can address your concern

I would suggest you contact him directly if you have the same issue as me. The more that they are aware that users have the same problem, the more likely they will fix it.
Old 08-01-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts

That's the same line I have been getting for 18 months.
FCA have finally agreed to fix mine by putting a my17 uconnect into mine as the 17 does not have the issue.
The unit is currently on its way from the States.

Trevor
Old 09-01-2018

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

That's interesting Tas... How did you get them to agree? Any help you can provide me? I've also been waiting for 15 months for a fix that hasn't come..

Any new features (android auto / apple car play) in the MY17 one?
Old 09-01-2018
Established Member

I ended up writing a letter to the CEO stating my case and how disappointed I was with FCA. About a month latter I got a call from the resolutions team and that is what they offered.

Trevor
Old 10-01-2018

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

thanks. Any chance you can send me the letter (deleting any personal/unwated details) and I would like to take that angle as well. Would be good to get a new MY17 one..

Happy if you want to send to me... I can provide you my details via PM.
Old 10-01-2018
Established Member

Sorry, didn't keep a copy of the letter but all I did was state the facts as I saw them, stated my disappointment and provided an option for a fix. In fact I asked if they could load the software from a MY17 onto mine.
What I didn't do was get nasty or make threats.
I used hard mail addressed to the CEO at their Docklands address and marked it Personal and Confidential.
I think he is making an effort to address these issues, it is just a matter of bypassing the Robert Lawson's.

Trevor
Post New Thread  Reply