What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 143 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
my issue was not with the fitment of the pioneer tray but the fact my rails didn't ship with the spacers . When fitting mine did not line up properly and i was trying to get some assistance . Rather than send out some 2cent spacers he just refused to listen and suggested i was fitting it wrong .

Ended up being that i did need the spacer to fit the rails correctly, even when i had a spare tyre on the rack when fitting it . It was more the way they dealt with it that pissed me off. If the rails were not supposed to be used with other products then they should not sell the rails on their own .

It's not just my dealing with bill that has been sour . A few guys i roll with have had issues with bill and quality control. esp with the sliders .

you say it wasn't officially signed off and i get that but all the media releases for the rails had pictures where it was mounted to the pioneer tray so as a business owner in a niche business wouldn't you think you would assist customers with questions , especially considering how stupidly expensive his products are when he moved production from australia to overseas .
Yeah absolutely fair enough. It's a particular shame about the QC issues that seem to pop up more than you'd hope, especially at their pricing, as you said. I reckon their gear is at the top of the pile for GC accessories in terms of looks and bolt-on fitment, and if they'd managed to sort the supply and QC issues (as well as lead times on product dev) they could've taken a much greater slice of the market share. The new front bumper they're (finally) about to release looks absolutely ace - going to be bloody exxy though from the prices of separate pieces I've found with some digging.

What're the issues you've seen with the sliders? I know some have had complaints about the e-coating? I've been toying with picking some up for a while now.

Old 03-06-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts

Well, not so much what I did to it TODAY, but I finally scrounged together enough money to order a transfer case control module. Super excited to go back to only having the FCW light on. And once I get around to fixing that, dare I say it, no orange lights! (Knock on wood!)
Old 05-06-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

Replaced my factory mopar 7 pin and seperate Anderson with the combined Ark unit (thanks to the suggestion on here). Fits in the same location and neater, allowing me to manage the two cables from my trailer together.

I previously had the anderson mounted vertically under the bumper bar and the trailer plug did come out while towing. Luckily someone yelled a heads up at me while merging in traffic and I was able to pull over and tie it up with only the outside anderson case needing replacement.

Should be sweet now hopefully.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ark 7pin Anderson 3.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	79728
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ark 7pin Anderson 4.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	79729  

Last edited by MattG; 05-06-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2022
Established Member

Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Replaced my factory mopar 7 pin and seperate Anderson with the combined Ark unit (thanks to the suggestion on here). Fits in the same location and neater, allowing me to manage the two cables from my trailer together.

I previously had the anderson mounted vertically under the bumper bar and the trailer plug did come out while towing. Luckily someone yelled a heads up at me while merging in traffic and I was able to pull over and tie it up with only the outside anderson case needing replacement.

Attachment 79728
Looked at them but as I had a corrosion problem with my previous set up I elected for something easier to service & less cramped for space
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20211211_084106.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	79730   Click image for larger version

Name:	9725.jpg
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	79731  
Old 05-06-2022
AJOR Gold

Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post

Attachment 79728
I’ve got the same on mine… works well.
Old 05-06-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What did I do to my WK2 today?

Got her bogged. In SNOW!!! Sooo cool.

Then selected Low range, raised her up and she got herself sorted. Had to go back and forwards a few times to compact the snow. But it worked.

Lotsa fun. Can’t say I’ve been bogged in snow before.

Hey. I’m from WA after all [emoji2937]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,945 Times in 2,329 Posts

Nephews slid off the road recently along with a few others up in the snow, asked why didn't they have chains with them they said why ........... always carry chains when I went to snow country not a nice to get stuck in.

Just looking at those pics John I feel the call to go back up there, my toes don't agree though.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply