What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 150 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-11-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
JEEP have a GOTCHYA lever, yes took me awhile to remember it, A week ago I was mucking around repositioning the UHF wellllll seems I had knocked the steering wheel adjustment knob....no wonder I couldn't get comfortable
Yours doesn't have the 1 and 2 settings to put the whole shooting match back to where you set it? Mine, the wheel goes in and up and the seat all the way back when I switch her off, then sets back to my setting when I start it up, or press the 1 on the door.
Old 29-11-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,147 Times in 607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
Yours doesn't have the 1 and 2 settings to put the whole shooting match back to where you set it? Mine, the wheel goes in and up and the seat all the way back when I switch her off, then sets back to my setting when I start it up, or press the 1 on the door.
Thats way too sophisticated for me...I just leave it all where it's comfy all the time...I don't mess with it once I'm happy...
Old 29-11-2022
AJOR Gold

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Back in the GC World after 10 years driving a JK

Needed the higher towing capacity unfortunately so got a 2014 Limited CRD

So far

Had it mapped - over 200+NM increase in torque and 40+HP
Murchison oil catch can
Murchison S/S intake tube
Telstra signal booster
New aerials
Lithium 2nd battery with DD/DC, AC/ DC chargers and inverter
Electric Brake controller
Bar on order
iDrive on order
Lift kit next, here we go again, must be a Jeep thing...
Old 28-12-2022
Established Member

Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts

Fitted the Chrissy present, a set of window visors from HIC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221225_124109.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	80021  
Old 29-12-2022
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,323 Times in 761 Posts

Fitting a Catch Can to mine today....HUGE THANK YOU to Jeeper6 for 'rescueing' his near new catch can off the 'Graphite Submarine' and sending it down to me...YOU ROCK MATE !....now...wish me luck !....been a li'l off target with my DIY's recently (well...6mths ago but not much has needed doin on the bus, so much for the bs spread about these rigs...swapped out a Fuel Relay, did an oil n filter change...normal gigs, with a 'back beat' attached'.....

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 29-12-2022
Rock Munki

Job done...dropped the obligatory washer and 10mm tube socket down into the engine tray...which had to come off to workout where I was going to attach the drain hose...inside the wheel arch under the washer bottle was simple and easy to get at....applied the 'blu tac' method to the washer n bolt(blu tac inside the socket n push bolt n washer into the blu tac),and viola....no more dropzeze....used the 'supplied' sensor because that 'fitting' was a better seal than what I had into the 'elephant hose'....cut the old hose and made a one piece hose from the engine breather outlet to the catch can inlet...got rid of the silly second fitting which was really only a hose reduction/increase fitting...no leaks...no drips (as yet)...all tools recovered...WOW....PRETTY FRIGGIN HAPPY !

SPECIAL THANKS TO JEEPER6 !!!....owe you mate....we WILL work it out...CHEERS !!!

Old 04-01-2023
Rock Munki

Had the car doing silly things with the door locks and security system...thought it may have been the battery in the key fob...tried my spare fob...wouldnt open/lock 'engage' with car in any way....took both to the Auto shop...tested battery in spare fob...fully charged...tested battery in daily use fob...a li'l down...put a new battery into the daily use fob...perfect...got home and tried the spare fob, which hadnt had a battery change but wasnt engaging with car...now works...go figure ???....just happy it isnt engaging the security system (round red light on dash) when turning it off n on anymore...plus it was locking doors everytime I started it or turned it off...was worried it would lock me out !!!....yeah, I know I could open it with the manual key in the fob, but my concern was I wouldnt be able to disengage the security system...all good again... $6 well spent

Post New Thread  Reply