Diesel slow fill Service Bulletin Number - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
It demonstrates an alarming degree of incompetence unmatched by any modern car maker.
I don't see this as any form of incompetence. It works as designed to be used with low flow nozzles. High flow nozzles, regardless of whether they worked with an older Nissan or not, are designed for large trucks.

Give the Jeep designers a break!

Check out my jokes blog
Old 08-06-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

as designed it works on petrol vehicles. as has been discovered by others in the trade, it is the smallest fuel filler hose ever put in a vehicle sold in this country. when the problem first occurred everyone was able to see the cause of it except chrysler. i'd say that makes them extraordinarilly incompetant. it took them 2 years to issue a tsb for the fault. how slow is that. and now they are claiming the problem doesn't even exist. either just thick as bricks or doing everything they can to avoid fixing faulty cars. take your pick.
Old 08-06-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
I don't see this as any form of incompetence. It works as designed to be used with low flow nozzles. High flow nozzles, regardless of whether they worked with an older Nissan or not, are designed for large trucks.

Give the Jeep designers a break!
my 07 crd does not work at all - not at half flow, not with nozzle upside down, not with nozzle sideways, not at all.

surely these muppets test to see if they can get fuel into the tank, if they did they are incompetent because it doesnt work, if they didnt they are extraordinarily incompetent.

as said many times before, the worst part is the dealers wont acknowledge it. I've taken mine to 3 seperate dealers and none will fix it - they put it down to a vehicle 'trait' pfft
Old 08-06-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcf View Post
my 07 crd does not work at all - not at half flow, not with nozzle upside down, not with nozzle sideways, not at all.

surely these muppets test to see if they can get fuel into the tank, if they did they are incompetent because it doesnt work, if they didnt they are extraordinarily incompetent.

as said many times before, the worst part is the dealers wont acknowledge it. I've taken mine to 3 seperate dealers and none will fix it - they put it down to a vehicle 'trait' pfft
You would think these people would have the brains to bring a dozen Wranglers 12 months before their local release and absolutely flog them around Australia, then ironing out the kinks before finally rolling them out. Fat chance these morons did anything like that.
Old 09-06-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

This issue reminds me of the problem when you cannot fill a camper trailers watertank with no breather on top of the tank. The air rushes back out the filler & you cannot fill at full pressure.

Long Ranger had a technical bulletin on their website a couple of years ago suggesting a possible fix to the JK diesel slow fill problem, but looks like it has been removed. It said the breather should have a gradual rise from the tank.

Similar advice is given on their fequently asked questions page for their own tanks..... it is important for the fast fill breather on auxilary fuel tanks to have a gradual rise from the tank to the filler. If this is not done an air lock can form where fuel will accumulate stopping the air from escaping as you fill the tank. http://www.thelongranger.com.au/Freq...ate=1&x=27&y=9

Old 09-06-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

found it
http://www.thelongranger.com.au/ta64...%20problem.pdf

Old 09-06-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, moving the breather really makes no difference. i moved the breather on mine and it made no difference. fitting the long range tank did. really just a fuel filler pipe problem. get under your vehicle and have look for yourself at the filler system of hoses and pipes and the tiny size, taking the fuel from the filler hole to the tank. now imagine putting fuel under pressure into that hose to fill. it's a miracle any of these things work. instead of sitting round complaining, just accept that chrysler will do nothing to help and do the "stevil fix" . it's cheap to do , and solves the problem.
Post New Thread  Reply