JEEP® All-new Grand Cherokee SRT8? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepx2
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G.
so who's gonna rush out and buy one now????
once a car reaches $50,000 its considered overpriced to me..
but $100,000 thats ridiculous.
The same people who'd spend $140k+ on a Cayenne S, possible those who might buy a new $130k ML500, or even those who'd buy $150k X5 4.6. You have to put the market they're aiming at in perspective. Frankly, I think a SRT8 at around the $100k mark is way better bang for the buck compared to the aforementioned models.
You guys would probably be surprised at how many customers we get ( some existing Jeep owners ) who tell us that we don't have a Jeep that's expensive enough !! There's stacks of people out there who consider $100,000 small change. Heck, people spend $150k on a BMW pretend-4WD !! There's definitely a market for a premium-priced Jeep - something above Grand Cherokee and Commander.
Old 06-05-2005
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Mr Salesguy, when is the SRT8 due and how much.
Old 07-05-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wish I knew !

Most people know that Jeep plays their cards very close. They're very good at getting us all excited about new stuff ( Gladiator, Commander.... ) but when it comes to telling the sales force about pricing, launch dates and final specs they get very secretive. Makes sense, really, why give your competitors a head start ?

SRT8 has not been confirmed for Australia ( publicly ) yet, but I'm dead sure it's coming. I would guess March-April next year, pricing around $90k. We are already holding one firm order for this car and this is the story we're telling our customer.
Old 07-05-2005
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

If i was selling Jeeps i would not take a order on something you will not see till 2006 (SRT. Your customer might get pissed off and go elsewhere. Add $10k on the price of your dearest Grand and that wont be far out in pricing for the SRT8. The new Grand (New model is appreciably bigger than the old one and has much better road manners, thanks to the new independent front suspension and rack and pinion steering. It's even quieter.) Will be avaibile in 4.7 and 5.7 probally on sale in July.
Old 07-05-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please keep in mind that we don't make any commitments about pricing and availablility about unconfirmed models like SRT8. The customer is free to request a cancellation at any time - the contract is not really enforceable. What it does however, is guarantee them a place at the head of the queue when the car does arrive. It can also put them in a better bargaining position. For example, when WJ was released, we were selling the most sought-after versions for above RRP. But, we had some people who had placed orders up to 12 months in advance and none of these paid over RRP. It's all about supply vs demand.

The problems start to arise when some unprofessional sales person starts making promises they can't deliver and the customer believes it. Not blaming the customer here, but if several dealers are all singing the same tune and then some boofhead comes out and says "no worries I'll guarantee this price and that delivery date" you can be sure he's winging it.
Old 07-05-2005
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
You guys would probably be surprised at how many customers we get ( some existing Jeep owners ) who tell us that we don't have a Jeep that's expensive enough !! icon_eek.gif There's stacks of people out there who consider $100,000 small change. Heck, people spend $150k on a BMW pretend-4WD !! There's definitely a market for a premium-priced Jeep - something above Grand Cherokee and Commander.
bragging rights....
Old 08-05-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesguy
Wish I knew !

Most people know that Jeep plays their cards very close. They're very good at getting us all excited about new stuff ( Gladiator, Commander.... ) but when it comes to telling the sales force about pricing, launch dates and final specs they get very secretive. Makes sense, really, why give your competitors a head start ?

SRT8 has not been confirmed for Australia ( publicly ) yet, but I'm dead sure it's coming. I would guess March-April next year, pricing around $90k. We are already holding one firm order for this car and this is the story we're telling our customer.
What's the bet that order is probably mine. Mind you I'm being spun the story by my rep that when he enquired it's here mid this year and was able to take the order deposit with final commitment subject to test drive.

Looks like the article in SMH Drive section blew the cover on it coming to Australia already.

Anyway, I'll be waiting very keenly for further developments. If it pushes into next year, forget it, I don't have the time to wait around. My Grand C LTD is falling apart at 58,000km and is due to go on the yard in the next week or too. After that I've got a merc SL(that I don't want to start clocking up the km's on) a modified '03 Mustang Cobra(still getting mods at moment) and a somewhat impractical F-series truck to get around in (forget the wrangler, that lives on a property). So I'll be in need of something with more than 2 seats and enough space for around town fairly soon. Don't think I could stomach having the standard new model GC knowing the SRT8 is coming out, that would frustrate me too much as once I've bought one it's unlikely I'd be getting out of it and losing money to trade across to a SRT8 6 months or so later.