URGENT - Please read this - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-09-2017
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Don't forget to contribute, even a little to try and help Lexx and his family out at this dark time.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-australias-best-jeeper

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 18-09-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

Donated, no other words are suitable.
Old 19-09-2017
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...5438356d112941

A heartbroken Melbourne man has spoken about losing his eight-year-old “princess” to influenza, after a “bad cold” quickly deteriorated.

In a social media post, Christian Brealey of Upper Ferntree Gully, paid tribute to his “beautiful princess” Rosie Andersen, who was confirmed dead at the Angliss Hospital in outer-east Melbourne on Friday morning, after a team of six paramedics attempted to revive her at home.

Mr Brealey revealed on Facebook that she had been sick for a few days and “we just thought she had a bad cold”.

“Never in my worst dreams did I ever think it would end up like this,” he wrote.

“[She] went into cardiac arrest this morning at around 9.30am and by [midday] she was gone and told there was nothing they could do.

“Can’t believe we lost her to some [sic] like the flu. I am a walking zombie at the moment.”

The Australian spoke to Mr Brealey at his home where he said the family would not be ready to release any statement for “a couple of days”.

Mr Brealey’s post was shared on a Jeep enthusiasts’ forum, which also posted links to a Fundraising website.

Mr Brealey revealed in his post that one of his son’s was present when Rosie fell seriously ill and witnessed the resuscitation attempts.

Rosie was understood to be an enthusiastic member of the local Scout troop.

Cub Scout group leader Brett Cole said she was a great, happy kid.

“She was a trooper,” he said.

“Full of courage, never backed down from a challenge that you put in front of her.”

He said her death was tragic for everyone, especially her family.

“In this day and age especially eight-year-olds shouldn’t die from the flu,” he said.

Mr Cole said Rosie had attended Scout camps and was due to go on a Cuboree at the end of the month.

He said the local group was planning to put together a tribute program for their scheduled meeting on Monday evening.

The Department of Health and Human Services confirmed the girl’s death this morning, but did not confirmed her identity.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-australias-best-jeeper

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 19-09-2017
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Damn, heard about this then saw todays paper with Lexx in it... Double damn.
So sorry to hear. As a dad myself, something no parent should ever go through.
Old 19-09-2017
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Didn't realise till i saw your name on the news Lexx - our hearts go out to you and the rest of the family. Just such a shock.
Our deepest condolences.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-2017
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts

Thanx Wooders.

To everyone that has made a contribution we really appreciate it.

Makes me very feel very blessed and proud to be part of such a giving community.

Last edited by Jimmyb; 20-09-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 20-09-2017
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

Your donations have been appreciated, at this stage we have raised over $7000 to pass on to the family to help cover some of the immediate costs.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply