Gas peddle position on CDR - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-12-2010
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

I have the same issue but luckily I like the seat forward/back upright driving position.

I'd heard (admittedly from a dealer so take it with a pinch of salt) that the pedal offset was to stop you from accidentally hitting both pedals together.

Quote:
One "Theory" I've heard about these Yank ergonomics is that in the US they don't brake with their right foot. Being essentially an automatic culture they are taught to brake with the left.
This is much easier on left hand drive models. I hired one when I was over in Hawaii a few weeks ago (the hire company had a 3"(?) lift on it and BFG muddies......fantastic, though a little strange as they say you can't take them off road!). With the central tunnel being so wide on the JK's, the pedals are offset a long way left on the left hand drive model (so much so you feel like your sitting at an angle in the car with you legs facing a different way from the rest of you). The driving position is horrible as I could not get comfortable but one advantage is the left foot braking is easy when the brake pedal is so far over to the left.
Old 22-12-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I think maccas approach is the cleanest solution Don't look like a slack fix by someone who dont know what they are doing.

Old 23-12-2010
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Macca's fix looks lome the go. Will give it a go myself after Xmas.

Cheers, thanks for the help
Old 24-12-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yeah it does look pretty good - when I mentioned before about seeing one with a block on the pedal it wasnt that one I was referring to (forgot about that one). There was a another with the same idea, but he just cabletied a few pieces of rubber to the pedal - looked very dogey, but apparently worked.

I think I have left it too long to do anything to mine as the missus has been driving it for 6 months and me on the weekends, so changing it now might feel weird.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 24-12-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Perhaps these may add thickness to the accelerator pedal, just leave the stock cover on the brake?

http://quadratec.com/products/produc...&pn=55003.1X0X
Post New Thread  Reply