Indicator and Wiper stalks not working - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-02-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

The driver's side airbag recall was to check correct operation of the clockspring in the steering wheel, if not up to spec they replace it with a new version. The recall I am referring to is S33, there may be another one for the 2012+ models, but same process and parts I beleive.

I had my S33 done at my local dealer (Waneroo Jeep) and they stuffed it up, picked up my Jeep and it had a airbag light on on the dash...? So I call them and they blamed me and said they haven't done anything wrong, put a new clocksping in so it must be something else, want to charge me $160 to plug in their starscan computer to pull the airbag code and diagnose. After a lot of back and forth and me getting very angry they agreed to book it in again and have a look. They have it for another day and ended up being a faulty clockspring that they installed, but then put in another 2 new clockspings before no more faults showed up! So either there was a bad batch of clocksprings or their mechanics were incompetent during installation (most likely the latter)...

On a different note, when I picked up my Jeep the second time I find that they've broken the clips that hold the OBD2 port in place, so if I bump it it'll fall out of the bracket. I complained and they said it was like that before they got it, told me they 'interrogated' their mechanics and they swear "it was like that already", then want to charge me $thousands to get a new OBD port and loom etc.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 15-02-2018
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Wow, that's some incompetence there!

Could be a batch problem, but more likely installation. The instruction in the box do say to be careful when installing as turning it to far will damage it.

(I have a working spare that I bought for $260 delivered from the US when the stealership quoted me FCA's part only price of $1179 some time ago, pre Oz recall.
Old 15-02-2018
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Managed to squeeze into my local Jeep dealer today for a diagnosis.

The fault turned out to be a loose connection which they were able to rectify for me.

A quick and easy fix, happy with that!
Old 15-02-2018
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
The driver's side airbag recall was to check correct operation of the clockspring in the steering wheel, if not up to spec they replace it with a new version. The recall I am referring to is S33, there may be another one for the 2012+ models, but same process and parts I beleive.
So the recalls are one and the same. I guess I did have it done lol!
Old 16-02-2018
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

There are 2 recalls, at least there were for my '08.

Drivers side clockspring/airbag. Dust getting into the clockspring causing the airbag light to illuminate intermittently.

Passenger side airbag.
Old 18-02-2018
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 23 Posts

I ended up with about 5 letters about the recalls so thought I should do something about them. Booked the '08 shorty in to Nepean Motor Group. They said there were 5 Recalls I think, dating back years ago. Can't complain about their service, courtesy bus drop, they text me to say jeep was ready, bus picked me up & back to dealer.
They said my brake lines were rubbing (an old recall I guess) they ordered longer ones & they will call when available. They did, same process & all done. They didn't say anything about bigger tyres of lift with regards to rubbing.
One of the guys said why did I have a winch? He said you will never get stuck in this, ))
Maybe I was lucky but two good experiences and no cost ))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply