What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 147 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,319 Posts

I discovered when the key fob battery is near death a notice is displayed on the dash.. How convenient ............ and I had the right battery in a drawer.. CR2032

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 26-06-2022
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I changed the batteries in both fobs and have had a few little issues since. Whether it's a coincidence or not I don't know.

For some reason, the nav system would recognise where the Jeep was in Australia but when you enter a town into the system to navigate to, it would only bring up South American cities. A soft reset didn't work so I had to do a hard reset of the headunit before it would work properly.

After the reset, the drivers seat wouldn't move back automatically when you shut the engine down so a quick Google search sorted that out.

So fingers crossed, it's all sorted.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 26-06-2022
I just registered

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Finally got in a maiden voyage "camp" for the WK2 and (new to me) Trackabout Camper. Just up to Maroochy Rivershore, but was great.

I collected from Wollongong NSW so I've done some solid k's with it already. WK2 tows it like a dream, no drama's doing 110km/hr and using cruise control. I just pull back to 4th if it's a decent hill.

The stock nivomat suspension is suprisingly good, even at 90k. I'd prefer it sittting a little higher now I've loaded the camper, but it's not too bad. I'm in the market for a suspension upgrade, was considering airbags but I'm leaning back towards murchisons with new nivomats.

Can't wait to get off-grid. More trips to come (in two weeks).

Attachment 79736
Hi Matt,

I had the same concerns as you, so had a pair of 2" King springs fitted to my WK2 S-Limited. My towball weight from the camper is around 270kg and does drop the rear a bit more than I liked, hence fitting the springs. I'm not so sure it was the right move as I now have an issue with the front coming up too high when it bounces along the road and finding the upper limits of the standard shocks. I'm taking it back next week to have it checked out, but I'm hoping that they can fit longer front shockers to improve the amount of travel and also I might get airbags fitted to the rear to help bring the front back down. I find the factory shocks just too soft when they are loaded up.
Here is the car with the factory springs and with the new 2" lift. The rear goes back to factory height with the camper on, but the front comes up too high.
Factory springs

2" lifted King Springs

Oh, and what I did to it today was give it a good wash after a 6,500km trip to Katherine and back!
www.caernarvontrack.com

Last edited by Chaz; 26-06-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
.goes to show...if we dont do a li'l 'handywork/maintenace/upkeep' on EVERYTHING it goes sideways...
Thats why I always tell the wife'y when she say's ( what ya doin now )

I,m TINKERING, if you dont Tinker somethings gunna come back and bite you in the Butt

Sorry OP for raving on below feel free to dump it if you feel its off topic,

Put a new H/Duty clutch kit in my little Hilux the other week, even better when she was underneath with me being the chief trolley jack operator, she wont admit it but she loved it
Tried explaining its called preventative maintenance 292,00km , no shudder, just noticed it starting to slip a couple of times pulling a hill, good thing I done it as it had like a mm or therabouts before the rivets would of started scoring the flywheel.

Was explaining in my younger years how we use to put the Toyota Celica steel case 5 speeds behind our 6 cyl Corty,s & HG wagon with 350 chev, We were expecting the torque when in 5th to blow the Layshaft, but never did, Yeah all that yapping from me went in one ear and out the other, anyway made me feel good reliving memories

By the way FARWEST good to hear it was a simple inexpensive fix, when you think about it the Ol trailer plug hanging off the back would have to be one of the most forgot about neglected part on most vehicles, out of site, out of mind

Last edited by OLMATE; 07-07-2022 at 06:38 PM.
Old 13-07-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,928 Times in 2,319 Posts

Gave the old Jeep Hat a gentle tubs, its getting on a bit...............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 06-08-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Today I fitted the Sprint Booster - had one in our previous KL Trailhawk and it absolutely transformed the vehicle.

With the GC there hasn't been the same absolutely shite / awful accelerator function the KL had - and in fact as I drove the GC more and more (we've only had it couple of months) I was thinking it prolly really didn't need the Sprint Booster as the factory accelerator setup is actually not bad at all.

HAVING said that tho, I gotta say the Sprint Booster has made it even better - so I'm well pleased (big grin).

Also pulled the trigger and bough fifth proper 20 inch mag to match the other 4 - so spare will be straight change and leave affair (removed and repaired one then goes back under the floor). Did the same thing with the KL TH when we first got it as well.
Old 16-09-2022
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Got the Darche Gen 2 180deg awning.
This thing is huge when opened out and provides great cover, easy to setup and easy to pack away.
Was easy to attach to the Rhino Platform, but would have been good if you got the option of ordering the longer brackets when purchasing the product,
Looking forward to getting plenty of use out of this

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220915_112612.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	79934

Name:	20220915_110702.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	79935