Selling my JK Rubi :( - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2009
Mud bucket

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Selling my JK Rubi :(

All,

Due to personal circumstances changing (moving, getting married, more kids), the Rubi will simply not have enough seats/room to accomodate the family, therefore I need to sell it or trade it in for another vehicle.

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation however, due to the ridiculous depreciation of the JK, and what's owing on the finance - leaving me with annoying negative equity should I trade it in.

So naturally i'm thinking of selling, however looking at the market - realistically I don't know how much luck i'll have. So i've come here, to where quite a few of you know me well and my JK. I'm looking for advice on what I should do?

Average trade in for the Rubi is around $27k. Despite what it's worth and all the work done to it in mods, I don't know if realistically i'll sell it - when most buyers would lean more towards brand new and mod it themselves. What do you guys think?
Old 12-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For those of us that don't know, what year is it, auto or manual, what mods have you done, and how many k's have you done??

$27k is a ridiculous figure as a trade in!!! I would call a dealer pretending to be a buyer and ask if they have a 2nd hand one available, and how much you could expect to pay??

I'd also look ar carsales.com and see what they are going for on there.

I'm also looking at selling mine in a few months and there is no way I'd accept anywhere near that trade in price.

Good Luck!!
Old 12-12-2009
Mud bucket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I bought the JK I was told in was an 08 Model (this was in January 2008 ), but it's registered as an 07?? Anyhow, it's registered as such, so I'd have to sell it that way I guess.

It's a manual 6-speed, with 39,000km's on the clock. I've already done as you suggested, can't see any local ads (Brisbane), but from what I've seen so far - average sell is $35k.

I haven't put up a proper ad as yet with all the details, as I wanted to gather some feedback first. Thanks for being the first JKohn!
Old 13-12-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

privately you could try your luck selling it modified.

Realistically though if you returned it to pretty much stock standard as possible you would be able to sell it for the same price privately as you would have with it modded.

trade in...either way you don't win.
Old 13-12-2009
StaunStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

if you cant sell it private,i would part it out to stock, and sell the diffs and t/case on a swap plus cash type deal for some diffs and t/case from a sport, same with the wheels and sway bar, then trade it. it would take a pretty switched on car salesman to work out its no longer a rubi. 27k trade for an 08 rubi? makes you laugh when they tell you "i cant go any higher than that. there isnt any margin in used cars" when you know they will just detail it and put it on the lot for 37k. Wish i could make 10k that easily.
Old 13-12-2009
Mud bucket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys are right, I'm going to take it back to stock. However will keep the standard rubicon items on. So in short I'll sell/swap (for a price) my KM2's, front bar, spotties, UHF, and the lift kit.
Old 13-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Could be interested in the KM2s. what size? PM me with what else you have to sell.

77 Grand Wagoneer
91 YJ
94 ZJ
96 TJ
09 JKU
14 WK2 Best one yet!
www.SurfFX.com.au
Post New Thread  Reply