Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU) - Page 67 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-02-2024
Back again

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 61 Times in 51 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

For anyone wanting to give this a go, but can't be bothered with the Hex conversions, WinOLS, or excel mods. I came across this website a few days ago that seems to make it all a little too easy.

https://stagex.ai/

You can sign up for a free account which gives you pretty much all the main useful power of WinOLS, but appears to be free.

Sign up, start a project, drag and drop your ECU file, and away you go. After you make your mods, you can just directly export the file ready for checksum correction and install. It does seem to offer to correct the checksum, but this bit is a paid service. I am cheap, so not for me.

Anyway, I have only played with it a little bit but seems pretty easy. I'm still going to keep using my old method mostly though for now.

Shoes are for people with jobs...
Old 13-02-2024
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Ok, so need a couple of people to do a test for me.

Earlier I mentioned how I have been watching the swirl actuator and it seemed it might have a high air temp override. Well, no. Started the car cold today and drove off. Swirl was at the 85 it should be in my map. Then, the moment the engine got to temp, the swirl locked open and stayed there.

Came home, let the car cool. Started it and watched it in the drive. Again, same thing, engine got to temp and swirl locked open.

Figured maybe I had messed something in my tune. Put an earlier version in, and the same thing happened. Went all the way back to the original stock file and still the same thing.

So with WJDiag Pro, could someone who has a completely stock car check your swirl position from cold all the way to a fully warm engine please. Also, can someone who has the EGR delete done in the ECU also do the test? Not looking for someone who has the resistor EGR mod, but done in the ECU.

My normal running temp is 95-96.

Thanks in advance.

Old 13-02-2024
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 274 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I only drive my Jeep on weekends now. I'll try to remember to test for you.
Old 14-02-2024
I just registered

Hi Rob, Hi All,
I have flaps machanikaly deleted but flaps motor still is connected. last time I turn flaps off by filling maps - ( I'm starting playing with ECU and TCU so I'm testing different things )
I'll upload original file to TCU and logging it if I 'll have free time.
How disabled EGR? - just by filling all map with highest value ?
Michal
Old 14-02-2024
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michale View Post
Hi Rob, Hi All,
I have flaps machanikaly deleted but flaps motor still is connected. last time I turn flaps off by filling maps - ( I'm starting playing with ECU and TCU so I'm testing different things )
I'll upload original file to TCU and logging it if I 'll have free time.
How disabled EGR? - just by filling all map with highest value ?
Michal
Thanks for getting the info if you get time

For EGR, yep just put all to max value. A good EGR explanation at

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...89#post1682489

Old 14-02-2024
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Learnt something about the swirl flaps today.

I have stopped looking at the SOI for a bit as I do more research. The maps in our WJ EDC15C2 are different to many others, and most the info on the internet is for other vehicle types. Each manufacturer puts their maps in different locations, etc, so makes it a pain.

Anyway, found out that the swirl flaps have some sort of link to inlet air temp. It is 36 deg C here today. I was watching the swirl flaps on WJDiag Pro. They were doing their thing for a while after I started the car, then suddenly they went full open and stayed there. Came back, after the car cooled down went out again, and after a few minutes the same thing happened.

So it would appear that if the inlet temp goes high, the swirl flaps are disabled full open.
I remember that it's the same when it's cold outside or at least until the engine reaches operating temp.
Old 15-02-2024
I just registered

Unfortunately, I logged only from 40 degrees Celsius. But they seem strange. I rode the first 12 km of the route, then (the second file) the town.
The thermostat holds about 85-86 degrees. Is it possible to log in wjdiagpro from other tabs at the same time? - do you mean add e.g. temperature here?
I can't upload, how to do that?

Last edited by michale; 15-02-2024 at 01:28 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply