Anybody want to show off your boats? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Boating and Fishing
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Old 28-12-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Man where do people get the money for this s###? I would be happy with a 13' tinny and 15hp Yamaha.

Regards A
Old 04-05-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

2008 2152 Trophy

Old 04-05-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default Anybody want to show off your boats?

Savage sportsman 4.3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 04-05-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts

[QUOTE=scarps;1379281]Savage sportsman 4.3

Scarab schmarab... this image does way more for me than any 'Cock" boat ever could. Perfect. I understand there are different boating experiences and need to declare/come clean to being a sail nut; but does it get much simpler and better than this?.....
Old 04-05-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

[QUOTE=whollsee;1379306]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
Savage sportsman 4.3

Scarab schmarab... this image does way more for me than any 'Cock" boat ever could. Perfect. I understand there are different boating experiences and need to declare/come clean to being a sail nut; but does it get much simpler and better than this?.....
Like other things in life, it's not how big your boat is, more if you know how best to use it for the ultimate pleasure

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 04-05-2013
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Here's mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2013
Established Member

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey Scarps,

"Scarab schmarab... this image does way more for me than any 'Cock" boat ever could. Perfect. I understand there are different boating experiences and need to declare/come clean to being a sail nut; but does it get much simpler and better than this?.....Each to there own fishing needs. "

My requirement for getting a "cock boat" as you delicately put it was to get as large a boat as I could afford that is still trailable. I only fish offshore with my wife and when the weather turns from smooth as to nasty quickly, before an advancing storm front like it did this morning, it is nice to have a 8mt boat with 425HP to get you home in a hurry and safely through some pretty rough seas.

Incidently doing all the work myself, my boat fully fitted out with almost everything new apart from the motor and leg with a new 3.5t trailer cost less than most new 5.0mt trailable tinnies cost. The only thing not included in the cost was my labour. I know which one I would rather be in for what I use it for.

At the end of the day you get a boat you can afford that ticks off more of the right boxes for your individual needs. I also would prefer a sail boat "ie; big sailing cat" however the budget and logistics of owning one did not come even close to being affordable. If I intended to fish the dams and rivers then mine would not be even get a consideration.

Cheers

"Cock boat owner"