What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1312 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-02-2015
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Decided the space under the floor was useless as soon as the Jeep is loaded up so added a third battery to the bank to make a 66AH battery bank. Runs the fridge for an estimated 38hrs at 32c, so longer in real life (with cooler nights), and this is without really drawing down the batteries too much. Just need to replace the leather gloves between each battery with some rubber sheet to stop one battery damaging another. I had to cut the carpet to get them to sit nice and flat. Real happy with it and have the fridge running now so I can check the voltage in 18 hours or so.

And why I didn't bother trying to use the space for anything else.

Cheers
Steve
Old 28-02-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts

Fitted AEV corners to cover up a creased driver side quarter and protect from more damage. pushed in panel pulled out almost back to perfect using the rivnuts.
Took me about 2.5hrs including rooting around to drill the driverside holes with out removing the AEV tyre carrier.

Last edited by Johnboy; 28-02-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 28-02-2015
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Sat for 2 hours at O'Briens while they replaced my windscreen. Had a Hilux throw up a rock and put a fairly decent chip just above my eyeline.

I was just going to leave it but since I'm fitting a LED light bar soon I didn't want to have to uninstall it again to have the windscreen replaced later.

They were telling me that it used to cost $2000 to replace just because of the Jeep logos in the corner but the price has come down recently. Thankfully insurance is picking up the tab.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 28-02-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Sat for 2 hours at O'Briens while they replaced my windscreen. Had a Hilux throw up a rock and put a fairly decent chip just above my eyeline.

I was just going to leave it but since I'm fitting a LED light bar soon I didn't want to have to uninstall it again to have the windscreen replaced later.

They were telling me that it used to cost $2000 to replace just because of the Jeep logos in the corner but the price has come down recently. Thankfully insurance is picking up the tab.
I had a chip repaired by obrien, it split the windscreen. Now I know why they were pissed about giving me a free windscreen haha
Old 28-02-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

you know there is a aftermarket screen with the logo's now
i have one in mine as insurance did not want to pay for the jeep one

we put them side by side no difference at all
Old 28-02-2015
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro View Post
you know there is a aftermarket screen with the logo's now
i have one in mine as insurance did not want to pay for the jeep one

we put them side by side no difference at all
That's why they don't cost $2000 anymore.

Had to laugh when they told me over the phone that it had to be replaced at their store and not by a mobile unit. When I asked why they said because the Wrangler is regarded as a high end vehicle. When I eventually stopped laughing he explained its due to it being a fairly complicated procedure to replace.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 28-02-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The Cargo Barrier is a Bestop purchased from http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/
rec'd it in a few days from ordering

and the liners from http://hotheadheadliners.com/
Purchased late on a Monday Night and rec'd them in Regional SA the next Monday Morning all the way from California
Post New Thread  Reply