Return of the Red 99 Sport! - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

That fuel pump looks good.
Once everything is cleaned, and the new pump etc added, it should work much better.
What a crazy price for fuel line clips.
I’ll look at getting some cheap spares.
Old 07-07-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Well I paid for the nudge bar today No More Spending !
I have a Parts Car Now .. It's Full of Parts!
The Engine and Gearbox mounts can wait until I get it going
I degreased the diff and pressure washed it and the whole under side getting rid of the old mud it is now nice and clean and with greased bolts it will be easy to put back together .. I washed the wheel arches and a bit more in the engine bay Baked on Dust
I am going to fit a relay so later on when I decide to fit a light bar it's already fitted lots of little things
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 08-07-2020
AJOR Bronze

Stupid Me! ............ I cant see why I cant Delete the stock fuel line and not have to wait for the stupid clips I can use some fuel line and clamps there are non flared metal bits at each end the right internal diameter and length should solve the waiting ..
That way I can get it running again with no tie wire and finish the flush ...
It's annoying me sitting there Broken because of a Stupid little Clip ....... It's hard enough looking at a Broken PT in the driveway .. And the 96 must be setup like that with a after market fuel tank .....
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Last edited by LuluBelle; 08-07-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2020
AJOR Bronze

OH NO! ... Yes it looks like I am going to use Tie Wire!
Firstly the reason I have decided to not wait for the clips is once before I bought something off Amazon and it still had not even been processed after a couple of weeks so I cancelled ....... it's been a few days and I have not received a email saying my order is processed I think sometimes Amazon don't have everything on the shelf ready for sale and have to source things and this could take ages before it's even shipped................
2 ... The fuel line has to reduce in size what I thought looked like the fuel pressure regulator is the secondary fuel filter ... a bag in the tank and a filter on top of the module that's why there is no inline filter like the 96
It would have to reduce from 3/8 at the filter to 5/16 at the hard line with not much clamping area yes perfect length would stop it from moving But I reckon there would be a leak at the 5/16 hard line end ....
3 ... The way the tie wire was done CLEVER not only did it tie around the filter to hold the line on But where it was threaded through the holes in the fuel line end it was threaded after the line was past the flange it would never come off I had to remove the wire to get the hose past the flange and off ! Awesome Idea!
"Now I might be a long winded serial poster when I get a few Beers in Me .. But there is a Story to Tell"
The tie wire was old and galvo looking I had to destroy it to remove the hose from the filter Now in the 4 fuel pump replacements that I know of I bet the module was disassembled new pump new filter bag I don't ever remember a regulator being replaced but you can guarantee the hose and filter were removed as one No Filter Change
Too hard to get the tie wire off
So that's why it looks like Tie Wire will hold this XJ Together
I did all the plastics door handles window rubbers roof racks with olive oil today didn't the bumper ends soak it in they went from grey to black and after a few hours in the shade weren't even greasy
Apparently the Nudge Bar is in Transit as of Today
I will start putting Humpty Dumpty back together next week
96 goes bush tomorrow Dog Exercise
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_) Edit I just remembered it was the ZJ Clutch Fan at that time rockauto was not shipping to Australia weeks later rockauto started shipping again and there was no movement at Amazon so I cancelled and went to rockauto

Last edited by LuluBelle; 09-07-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2020
AJOR Bronze

Apparently the Nudge Bar is in Transit as of Today ...
That was 2 days ago and I still haven't received a tracking number !? .... or Communication? .... I will leave this at Nervous
Got a email from Amazon today the clips have been shipped eta the 30th ....
I think I will still tie wire the hose on no matter what the Liquid Intelligence people say in the pic you can see what the leaks are doing cleaning the concrete
I want to get it running and flushing next week
the Romans knew what was going on Olive Oil is the Go the plastic soaked it up after 24 hrs it wasn't even greasy .....
go the Vanity! it looks great but the plastic is enjoying it
I had to go help O'l Mate the CarKiller this morning as he bought a new fridge but his little Suzuki (insurance replacement he rolled the first one) cant tow his trailer I was talking to him about the 99 and made reference to the enigine mounts ect "Oh yeah I must of done that? I was doing about 110 on this dirt road/track and there was a washout I could not stop so I gunned it to jump over the rut.... Fucking Dukes of Hazzard !?!" .... lucky the front end is fine drove ok when I moved it over here ..
I found a old pic of the 99 before the CarKiller got his hands on it mangled the toy bulbar I had to cut the tabs off the front bumper which I will grind back and paint black to match the ends and with the Nudge Bar? should look great

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 12-07-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

you should fix at least the LH engine mount asap, and dont use cheap Rock Uuto ones, Ebay Oz was ok, a broken engine mount can lead to really expensive issues..it WILL wreck yr exhaust or manifold
Old 12-07-2020
AJOR Bronze

Yeah it's all good Tony the 99 is going nowhere before it gets all 3 mounts done when the 96 had a sad Lefty I got some off eBay ... Mackay brand I think and replaced all 3 and be done with it......
Had a productive day today with No interruptions .. my ride on mower parts arrived on Friday finally after 8 weeks for a belt and idler pulley for a Rover?...
Anyway Fixed the mower ... Did the Diff ... Bled the Brakes
Drank Beer with the Neighbour (who helped with the brakes)
He was impressed how the olive oil was non greasy ....
So I will put the tank back in tomorrow not going to fit the bash plate or tow bar just in case when it is all happy and running I will fit them
I just want to get the flush over and done with
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_) ...... moving along
Post New Thread  Reply