Electric brake controller in KL - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's awesome am looking at getting a brake controller fitted inside my trailhawk for the camper. The camper has one fitted to it but you have to control it from the outside which is silly lol keep us informed on how it goes have heard of problems though getting a brake controller fitted inside so will be interesting to see how yours goes for sure.
Old 25-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Today I fitted my brake controller ready to be wired up on Monday .

I opted to fit it in the aperture behind the door in the R/H lower dash that allows access to the fuse panel and the little knickknack drawer . I put it there because I didn't want to drill holes in the dash and its a very easy fit .

I made up a couple of simple brackets out of aluminium , as you can see in the pic there's not much to them . They sit at an angle because of the angle of the dash . I then drilled a couple of small holes inside the aperture to mount it , these are covered by the door when the controller isn't being used .

The controller sits up at an angle to give a pretty good line of sight when you are sitting in the seat and as most of it is in the aperture it doesn't protrude too far out from the dash . In all its a very easy installation that allows you to remove the controller quickly when you're not towing by removing 2 screws and the door / knickknack drawer can be clipped back in place to cover the 2 small holes .

I used a Tekonsha P3 which is an easy fit with plenty of room each side in the aperture , other brands of controllers may be physically larger or have different mounting points .

Hope this helps you if you're looking for somewhere to mount your controller .

Jeep #6

2015 Cherokee KL Longitude
Old 26-07-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

That looks pretty good, nice work
Post New Thread  Reply