4WD Supacentre Winches - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-03-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default 4WD Supacentre Winches

Hey just wondering if anyone has bought a winch from 4WD Supacentre and what you think of it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 28 Posts

Hi bud,
I've said this a dozen times & because I used to work at TJM for 7 years & now with ARB for 2 years & used to winch comp for over 10 years some think I'm biast.
At the end of the day the only bad winch is one that won't get you out of trouble.
With winches you get what you pay for. If you want a winch that you can just throw on your car & go for broke flat out winching like in a comp, on a straight line vertical pull for an hour non stop go a more known brand. The Chinese import winches like Aldi, super center, tigers 11 et are still good winches for tourers, just do a few preventive things before installing & you will have success for years.
# SEALS = the seals in Chinese winches can be hit & miss, some great never with an issue & some must have been built late Friday arfternoon.
I recommend to unbolt the gear box & motor & replace the seal with a good bead of silicone or sick a flex. A little bit of moisture can stop a winch real fast.
# GREASE = in the gearbox they only seem to put in nearly enough grease. While you have it open to re - do the seals put some good quality grease in your g box.
# USAGE = the brushes & electrical isn't as heavy as they could be.
When winching stick to a 30 - 15 rule ie 30 second's winch in then rest
for 15 second's ect ect ect until recovery is complete. Overheating a winch can cause condensation to build inside the motor that will eventually stuff the motor.
so with some very minor pre instalation maintenance & not abusing it you will have a working cheapie for years n years.

Cheers Piggy.
Old 17-03-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

I don't know what they are selling for but I would recommend a runva if prices are similar. I have yet to hear of any serious issues with them on the multiple forums I visit.
Old 17-03-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I've got a cheap 12000lb Chinese winch on mine that I bought off ebay for about $350 and it's never let me down. As Piggy said, just open it up before installing and make sure there is sufficient grease in it as they can be light on at times. Also for peace of mind, waterproof the junction box as best you can as well.

I bought it as a stop gap before spending big money on a well known brand name winch. So far I haven't had to buy another as this winch just keeps going and refuses to die. It's pulled plenty of dual cab utes out of the sand as well as the mud of the Watagans.

I look at mine and it looks identical to what Tigerz11, 4WD Supacentre, T-Max and many other places re-branding them as their own.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 17-03-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 172 Times in 124 Posts

I have an old tigerz11 on mine. Was on my patrol for 4 years and has been on my jk for another 2 years. It is abit noisey now but I have definatly got my $$$ worth. When (if) it dies I would have no hesitation in getting another.
Old 17-03-2016
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

I have bought a few things from them eg compressor and had it fail on the second trip and a mate bought one also and had two fail. They replaced things no questions asked but there stuff seems to be pretty cheap. As said u do get what u paid for
Old 18-03-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

the ones from supercenter have certainly proven their reliability and quality they are just slow as hell but stand up better to mud and water than most warn winches which is something.

If you have to pull your winch apart from new then you are buying the wrong winch.....