Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-05-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Wessel View Post
Could some one help me?
I am awaiting the arrival of a WK2 diesel grand cherokee.
I would like to know if a transmission cooler is or should be installed as I will be towing a 2520Kg caravan.
Also does any one have the email address of Jeep Australia.
Thanks
I am wondering the same, or maybe to begin with just a temp gauge to measure the transmission oil and if it raises above a certain temp, take it easy for a while or stop for a coffee.
But at what temp is getting too hot?
I was surprised after 2 hours towing 2700kg the transmission was very hot to touch.
Old 16-05-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

You werent looking in the right place.......

Old 19-10-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default "Service 4WD System and some"

Okay troops, I have a bit of a problem

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 Ltr Diesel - 115k on the clock

Back out of the driveway and get a clunk in the rear... not a good sound

Same time I get the ABS, BAS ESP and Traction Ctrl lights illuminating on the dash.

Also get the "Service 4WD System" on dash....

Put in Drive, roll forward and go to accelerate and straight to limp mode....

Wait a little bit, and then she will drive away.....all lights stay on dash for about 5 mins and then deactivate, vehicle has no further dramas until parked at home.

Driveway has a little rise of 1 metre off the road surface..

Thinking ABS Sensor or something else in the rear end...

Booked inf or a service next week here at JEEP Townsville.

Hopefully they will fix or is their a TSB out and in force about this???

Any and all help gratefully accepted...
Old 17-10-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2006 Grand Cherokee (Build 1/10/05) 5.7 Hemi

I bought my GC new in 09/06. 138,000km and it does a lot of km's in the country and off road. It has the Navus GPS system and nudge bar as factory extras.

From delivery 'Service 4WD Light' kept coming on and off - after 6 visits to the dealership it was discovered the 4wd Lo Actuator was faulty - replaced under warranty and no problems from then on.

2 years - battery dead. Dealer Replaced Battery - 2 years later dead again. 3rd battery now no problems so far - I have been told that this is common for GC's.

3 years - at 70,000km replaced front rotors and pads - rotors were warping

4 years - Starter motor dead and replaced.

Navus system will not calibrate - quoted $1200 to replace - just don't use now.

5 years - EGR valve fault - replaced.

6 years - Bindings on handbrake linings came loose, linings fell into hub taking out all the sensors on the right rear hub and damaging hub - replaced everything. When checked the other side linings just fell out in my hand. Driving along bang, ping, BANG - linings getting caught, handbrake cable snaps, hub is taken out. I would recommend all GC owners check these at every service. I was a long way from home when this occurred.

Burst heater hose - quoted $130 a hose x 2 from dealer i.e. $260- $88 with postage from USA - However a complete pain to change them - have a look where they are located.

Recent - replaced front rotors again and upgraded to DBA 4x4 heavy duty slotted and EBC heavy duty pads. Rebuilt the front calipers and replaced ceramic pistons with steel - one set of pistons was bulging.

Replaced bonnet, tailgate and tailgate glass struts - all had stopped working

C1417 fault - Front diff Actuator Axle Lock - intermittant not communicating. Replaced and electrical harness (worn). - 52114003AF + 52114327AC

Front diff mounts will need replacing soon. This is the "clunk" when moving from P to R to N to D (also when cruise control on and you touch breaks slightly) - 52114354AA + 52089516AB x 2

Service 4wd System light coming on and engine rpm flaring (and then stalls sometimes) - you need to slightly overfill with transmission fluid after service and changing filters I add about 600ml more see TSB 21-019-06

Given up on the Champion copper plugs and gone to Champion double platinum - great!

This vehicle is serviced correctly to the intervals recommended but is driven hard and as stated off road sometimes.

I have a C121C code showing - does anyone know how to fix this?
Also the drivers seat has memory setting problems sometimes. No big one but a pain to reset.

Also - I got rid of the Wranglers at the very first change and went with Duelers AT - they were nice for the highway but off road a pain in the bottom.

Last edited by Gold Coast Jeeper; 20-10-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 17-10-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Page 2 fault code meanings (ABS Fault)
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=106116&page=3
Old 22-10-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Gday everyone, i have a question i wonder if someone might be able to help me out with please, in the last couple of months i brought a 2013 GC, i am looking at buying a roof top tent but cant find any definite answers as to whether or not the wait of the tent about 60kgs will do any damage to the vehicle if i use a after market roof rack, considering Im planning on doing some off road driving and it could get rough.
Thanks for any help.
Prime
Old 22-10-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepPrime View Post
Gday everyone, i have a question i wonder if someone might be able to help me out with please, in the last couple of months i brought a 2013 GC, i am looking at buying a roof top tent but cant find any definite answers as to whether or not the wait of the tent about 60kgs will do any damage to the vehicle if i use a after market roof rack, considering Im planning on doing some off road driving and it could get rough.
Thanks for any help.
Prime
Some info here in the description
http://www.eadoffroad.com/gobi-gjgcw...1-up-roof-rack
& here
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=116870