P0237 Code, help please. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2023
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts

Hi Brit,

This is probably not much help, but I purchased one of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/165486024542
I haven't had a chance to install yet but I have replaced the air box to turbo intake with a silicon one about 2 years ago and it has been trouble free.

Not my pic as I only have one installed so far.
Old 02-01-2023
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Hey Brit.

I believe you are correct. I ordered the hoses from UK and the one connecting to the newer canister shaped resonator did not fit. I believe it will fit your kidney shaped resonator though, as they were a different size.

Good that you got the ID parts oring as they are really good.

Cheers,
Old 03-01-2023
Established Member

Liked 76 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majiklister View Post
Hi Brit,

This is probably not much help, but I purchased one of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/165486024542
I haven't had a chance to install yet but I have replaced the air box to turbo intake with a silicon one about 2 years ago and it has been trouble free.

Not my pic as I only have one installed so far.
Hi.
When i first got the Jeep i replaced the air filter to turbo pipe with the updated Mopar one. It has a fixed black seal and not the detachable orange one.

I just recently replaced my resonator with a Merc one. My old one had cracked and was dripping oil.

Good pic there showing the position of the boost pressure gauge.
Old 03-01-2023
Established Member

Hi Lads.

What, if any, is the advantage of the brightly coloured silicone hoses over the OEM black ones?

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2023
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Hey Brit.

I believe you are correct. I ordered the hoses from UK and the one connecting to the newer canister shaped resonator did not fit. I believe it will fit your kidney shaped resonator though, as they were a different size.

Good that you got the ID parts oring as they are really good.

Cheers,
Hi Alex.
I could not source any O rings in the UK.

IDparts wanted silly money for postage too. Something like $100 if memory serves correct. Lucky i have a mate in the states who ordered them and put them in a jiffy bag for me.
Old 05-01-2023
Established Member

Hi Lads.
Fwiw a quick update.

Any further suggestions would be great please.

Please forgive the long post, i want to give as much information as i can.

CEL and flashing bolt lights went out for 24 hours, Jeep ran fine. Went out today and lights came back on when i started it at supermarket.

Managed to borrow the 'snap on' tool.
Code for P0237 'Turbo Boost Sensor A Circuit Low' has returned. But also B210D 'Battery Voltage Low' and B210A 'System Voltage Low' All active codes. Battery and Alternator all check as ok but i have ordered new Battery as it is at least six years old.

Looked at some Live Data.
Boost Pressure Actuator Duty Cycle % 27.4. This did not alter with increased revs.

Boost Pressure (hpa) 800 This did not alter with revs.

Boost Pressure Volts 1.281 This dropped to zero when engine revved.

I could cycle the Turbo Actuator via the scan tool. It seemed to operate through its full range from 20% to 100%. I watched it move. Also it seemed to operate fine when ignition is cycled.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................
After a lot of using the scan tool, the codes actually cleared. I checked the above live data with the codes cleared and Jeep running fine.

Boost Pressure Actuator Duty Cycle % 83.9. At 3000rpm this changed to % 49

Boost Pressure (hpa) 998. At 3000rpm this changed to 1149 (hpa)

Boost Pressure Volts 1.3. At 3000rpm this changed to 1.54 Volts.

I also checked all hoses and joints for boost leaks. Nothing could be found.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

Can anyone make sense of the above please? It is way above my skill level. New Battery is first job.

Many thanks.
Old 05-01-2023
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Hey Brit,

MAP sensor could be faulty. Take it off, clean and check it. It’s on the airbox intake pipe. Check down below where the air temp sensor is for leaks/damage. It’s down near the throttle body.
Obviously have a good look around for any boost leaks.
Your turbo actuator may still be faulty. Worth keeping a G001 Chinese one as a back up and swapping it in to eliminate that.

Cheers,
Hi Alex.
Can't see the G number on my actuator as it is still fitted as i need the Jeep, even in limp mode.

Numbers i can see are 712120 and 6NW-009-420. Internet search suggested mine is a G-277. Emailed the Chinese and they say G-277. Does this sound feasible to you?

Found a UK supplier for not silly money. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273206964...-desc-maincntr

When yours failed did you have the P0299 code or P0237 like mine?

Thank you.
Post New Thread  Reply