WJ & WH owners who wants a snorkel ??? - Page 40 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Why dont you guys invest in slightly modify the ZJ to fit the WJ
http://www.safarisnorkel.com/snorkel...f/ss1120hf.htm

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 08-02-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Arrr hum - Gentlemen???? Please????

Hands up if you've been to the factory??? I thought not.!!!

Hands up if you've ever met Michael Kirk-Williams??? I thought not!!!

We Aussies have a great capacity to be knockers and we all feel justified doing it - it's our way of life - seemingly!

I am confident that Michael is doing the best he can, considering the current economic climate and difficulty that our Jeep models WJ/WG & WH/WK have posed.

If he was gung ho and produced an inferior product with reduced Airflow, wouldn't we all be screaming.

Considering the small market segment in Australia, we are lucky he is working on this one at all - it's shows what a personal commitment he has made to us Jeepers to "see us right"

I have sent him a link to this thread many, many months ago and I am sure that the crap that's been going on here would make him think twice about continueing the development of this snorkel model.

Michael would be the first one to admit that it has been a long time, however, as he sees us as customers, he can only continue to be polite to us.

So I say SHAME B - - - - Y SHAME on some of the members who contribute mindlessly to this site and seem justified to spead the seed of negativity!

If you were a manufacturer and you had thousands of EASY Toyotas, Nissans and Mitsubishi 4x4's to make snorkels for - what would you do??? I would do exactly what he's doing, grind away at it slowly as I has time.

For the record, no I don't have a vested interest, but I do have an Aussie sense of fair play and manners.

I will patiently wait for my snorkel.
Old 08-02-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Below is an edited email from Michael Kirk-Williams, I am not very technically minded, but to me it sounds like we will have much better Jeeps for all their hard work!

Note: I have edited out the figures that were provided, as requested!

Quote "Hello John
Thank you for the e-mail
John I am providing this information to you, for you to give people a broad outline of what is expected to be result.
I would prefer that the figures quoted do not find their way onto the forums, as these figures can be a bit rubbery until we get our final testing through.

Yes it's been a very long journey
We are now on Mark 3 from when you were here
The previous two versions have been scrapped, these were probably commercially viable but did not deliver sufficient air at the nominal required rate of free air.

So where we are is that we have a snorkel for the WJ petrol as tooling
we have a snorkel for the WH diesel as a core, these snorkels will need a new air cleaner.
The new air cleaner is in the tooling process as we speak
The air cleaner addresses the major problems the flat air cleaners that Jeep have.

We have a WJ petrol coming in tomorrow, this will enable us to do the first fitting of the new air cleaner.
These models are aiming for a very large % of free air at the snorkel entry.

In turn this will deliver almost double the amount of air to the air cleaner.

The existing air cleaner is barely able to deliver 60% of free air.

So the aim is to deliver at least double the free air to the manifold, the new air cleaner will enable us to do this.

I was aware that there was a bit of a ruckus on the forums, but as you're aware we don't defend or advertise on the forums.

Please keep in contact and I will keep you as well-informed as I can on our progress

kindest regards
Michael Kirk Williams" End Quote

Last edited by johnv; 08-02-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-02-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Well said johnv.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 08-02-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi johnv, thanks for monitoring this so patiently. Did Michael mention the WH Petrol plans? I'd give him mine to work with but based in Adl.
Old 08-02-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi WHGCJeep, details supplied are those posted, no mention of WH Petrol.

To my knowledge and recollection of past information given to me and posted by others also - whatever is produced that enhances the Diesel, will well and truly work on a petrol model.

Airflow have had other WH vehicles into the factory and no doubt when the time comes, hopefully in the not too distant future, Michael will contact those people again.

I believe MJOC members have been extremely helpful in that area.
Old 08-02-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv View Post
Arrr hum - Gentlemen???? Please????

Hands up if you've been to the factory??? I thought not.!!!

Hands up if you've ever met Michael Kirk-Williams??? I thought not!!!

We Aussies have a great capacity to be knockers and we all feel justified doing it - it's our way of life - seemingly!

I am confident that Michael is doing the best he can, considering the current economic climate and difficulty that our Jeep models WJ/WG & WH/WK have posed.

If he was gung ho and produced an inferior product with reduced Airflow, wouldn't we all be screaming.

Considering the small market segment in Australia, we are lucky he is working on this one at all - it's shows what a personal commitment he has made to us Jeepers to "see us right"

I have sent him a link to this thread many, many months ago and I am sure that the crap that's been going on here would make him think twice about continueing the development of this snorkel model.

Michael would be the first one to admit that it has been a long time, however, as he sees us as customers, he can only continue to be polite to us.

So I say SHAME B - - - - Y SHAME on some of the members who contribute mindlessly to this site and seem justified to spead the seed of negativity!

If you were a manufacturer and you had thousands of EASY Toyotas, Nissans and Mitsubishi 4x4's to make snorkels for - what would you do??? I would do exactly what he's doing, grind away at it slowly as I has time.

For the record, no I don't have a vested interest, but I do have an Aussie sense of fair play and manners.

I will patiently wait for my snorkel.
John,

To be honest, I really don't understand why you see these comments are personally denigrating against the manufacturer. I see many of these comments as some frustration due to the timeframes however in no way negative to Michael or his company whatsoever. As I said, I'm trying to spend my money with the man.

I honestly don't see the need to know the manufacturer of any product or visit any production facilities. I'm sure all this would do is actually waste HIS time. I'm sure some would absolutely love the opportunity, but for me it would probably look like a heap of shaped plastic thingies.

I appreciate you have driven this for a number of AJOR members and based on your last updates, it is good to hear it is moving forward.

I too agree, if I were him I would focus on the Tojos and Patrols - you would be crazy not to.

With all that being said, I am constantly amazed that a number of members believe the manufacturer is doing us a favour. I concede Australia is a tiny market however I am also confident that the manufacturer would be looking at the big picture to sell into the US. Any business run correctly would be looking at this target to justify the expense and is not just "seeing us right". This will hopefully be a financially rewarding development project - and I hope he does make a bundle.

Finally, I'm sure he has thicker skin that to be upset by a forum saying that we would like his product now and please accept our money.