Secrets to wireing up bullbar blinkers - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 75 Times in 44 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Secrets to wireing up bullbar blinkers

Tried to wire up my blinkers on my ARB bullbar this arvo....

Yeah I couldn't find where to wire them to as all the looms disappear behind the radiator etc.
I thought about wiring inline with the normal blinkers but fading light gave me pause so I thought I'd ask on here is there are any secrets or neat tricks to get them plugged in a wired up easily.

Cheers
9000lb Winch
Old 07-06-2019
Rock Munki

Liked 351 Times in 223 Posts

I Spliced into the wires where they go into the blinkers / parklights.
Suggest you use inline plugs rather than running wires straight to the bullbar lights from the vehical lights.
good luck with it
'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan
Old 07-06-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

I splice into the most convenient/sensible location.

If a harness junction can not be easily located, I see no reason why not to do as you suggested

labelling new wires is good practice imo
Old 07-06-2019
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Righto so just wiring them inline should be fine?

Inline plugs are the little clasps with two lines and a set of scissor teeth aren't they?

Also my blinkers have 2 bulbs wired separately, would it make a difference which I connected to?
9000lb Winch
Old 07-06-2019
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Something like this?

Splice inline with these?

It's crazy. I can rewire advance electronic blasting systems but simple lighting on my jeep it kicking my ass!
9000lb Winch
Old 07-06-2019
Trail Twister

Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

Your wiring diagram is fine. That"s where I connected mine. Do not use "scotch locks". Those red jobbies. They are not very reliable. The plug Rainman refers to is a plug on the wires going to the bullbar so if you ever remove the bar you can unplug the wires.
Old 07-06-2019
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Just realised that my wiring diagram has the extra blinkers in parallel. Is that ok not do they need to be actually in line?

And hardwire them gotya…
9000lb Winch
Post New Thread  Reply