What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 592 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-10-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 97 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
I doubt that the underpinnings have changed, you could always retro fit the rear carpet out of an earlier model and the sub.

I'm sure you'd find someone willing to swap the stuff behind the seats. You could then fit, dump or move the sub.
Yep that is an idea, but for the 330mm x 100mm ( the size of the cut out) space saving I think it'd be a touch extremely, because I'd also lose the power point for the fridge , but it would work if I could get hold of a rear interior for the right price. I'm not unpleased with the results I've got , I fit the contents of 2 Terraflex tool bags in there so hey, works for me
Old 16-10-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walldog View Post
Yep that is an idea, but for the 330mm x 100mm ( the size of the cut out) space saving I think it'd be a touch extremely, because I'd also lose the power point for the fridge , but it would work if I could get hold of a rear interior for the right price. I'm not unpleased with the results I've got , I fit the contents of 2 Terraflex tool bags in there so hey, works for me
It was not so much the space it took up that annoyed me (as you say, it's not that big), it was more the access it blocked. It just seemed that it was always in the way. Stupid place it put it really.

Maybe keep an eye out for anyone wrecking a JK. You'd likely pick up the rear carpets for next to nothing. Not 100% sure what else they changed though so not sure how well it'll fit. You mentioned the power socket and I think there's also a built in tailgate strut now as well. Sure it can't be that hard though.
Old 16-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 97 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
It was not so much the space it took up that annoyed me (as you say, it's not that big), it was more the access it blocked. It just seemed that it was always in the way. Stupid place it put it really.

Maybe keep an eye out for anyone wrecking a JK. You'd likely pick up the rear carpets for next to nothing. Not 100% sure what else they changed though so not sure how well it'll fit. You mentioned the power socket and I think there's also a built in tailgate strut now as well. Sure it can't be that hard though.
Yep I agree, certainly something to think about if I could find the parts at the right price.
Old 16-10-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Yep I agree, certainly something to think about if I could find the parts at the right price.
Think it looks and works great as is, you made an awkward space very functional. I relocated my sub but it's easy on my 2009 and tuffy enclosure, doubt I would replace the entire rear lining just to do it though!!
Well done!
Old 16-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally fitted my 4ltr ARB air tank. Had been waiting for my ARB compressor to come back from ARB after the bolt that holds the piston to the motor snapped. After 4 years ARB in Albury fixed it for free! whole new motor and piston assembly, very impressed done with a week as well. I attached the air tank to my tuffy rear shelf alongside the sub woofer, sticks out about 1cm wider than the sub. Fitted a T piece with 2 one meter hoses to run an ARB style connector and a standard 1/4 inch connector. Enzed in albury helped out with all the bits needed to join everything together and were extremely helpful supplying everything I needed and doing all the work on the spot putting it together. Now to find somewhere to mount the connectors and looking for a new pressure switch to run the tank at slightly higher PSI plus it has started to leak air out of the connectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1790.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	57491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1791.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	57492   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1788.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	57493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1792.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	57494  
Old 17-10-2012
Banned

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Just fitted some Drake hood Catches and Limbriszers

Name:	jk1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	57515

Name:	jk2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	57516

Name:	jk3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	57517

Last edited by Magnum PI; 17-10-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 18-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Now I'm waiting on one of these to turn up,

The drawers? Got a link or any more info on this?
Post New Thread  Reply