WH front uni failure - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > EMERGENCY - HELP
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2015
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Clarky are you back up and running yet, if so which cv did you fit.The CV860 has 32 splines and the CV861 has 25 splines.
All out of luck.
CV860 dose not fit.
Am currently at Dubbo diff & driveline, jeep is still in Cobar.

Sent from my SCL23 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2015
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

The bad news
Jeep & van still in Cobar

The good news
Dubbo Diff & drive line fixed the shaft for $300
We now know the part that fits is CV-861

The terrible news
I have to drive the rental car back to Cobar tomorrow (8hours) with the repaired shaft, fix the jeep then drive home again.
By the time I do all of this Jambo will be over & I miss another one
Old 03-10-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 819 Times in 460 Posts

I think the guys ordering these CVs from the US on Ebay etc should check carefully that they are ordering the correct one the CV861 has
28.00x25 splines
100millx86mill size
One US supplier states one size fits all GC for last 13 years !!
Any idea what torque figures for the bolts that came loose.?

Last edited by bjm; 03-10-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2015
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
I think the guys ordering these CVs from the US on Ebay etc should check carefully that they are ordering the correct one the CV861 has
28.00x25 splines
100millx86mill size
One US supplier states one size fits all GC for last 13 years !!
Any idea what torque figures for the bolts that came loose.?
108N·m (80 ft. lbs.)

The drive line guys said the same uni for WJ as well so 13 years sounds right.

They said the new Ford Ranger has the same issue, only lasting a couple of months in the around Dubbo.

They can make up a custom shaft fir me for about $800 with UNI's so this is on my list (& the wife's) know.
Old 04-10-2015
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

The Jeep & I are home, the new CV is on its last legs as the spline is badly worn & the extra load of towing didn't help.

I will pull it all down over the next couple of days & make sure there are no other issues causing the failure

Approx $800 to have a new shaft made up with UNI's at both ends & I will never have this problem again!

This is there contact details if anyone needs there services.

Time to sit back, drink some alcohol & de-stress.
Old 05-10-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 145 Times in 89 Posts

Bummer, was looking forward to catching up at Jambo.
Old 05-10-2015
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Your always welcome to stop by here in Wallerawang

The neighbours would love 200 muddy jeeps in my street