Truck Lite LED headlights - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi. The Beyonf4x4 are the ones I am thinking of getting. What leds come on for the DRL ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-06-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 172 Times in 124 Posts

Check out the rigid industries replacement grill with a 20" light bar. I think it looks good if you don't want a bull bar.
Old 24-06-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 201 Times in 100 Posts

OK. I have used the stock OEM headlights and I agree that they r total crap, bordering on dangerous.

Years ago, I upgraded to a set of Delta 7" round from Quadratec with 120% Halogen globes (bought from Repco) and these were heaps better in terms of light brightness and spread.

I now run these with Xenon globes and the light is even better... very white and bright.

I have also tried LED headlights and these r even more brilliant (from Quadratec again). I mean, really, really good. I had to include an anti flicker device for these but its a simple plug in and play set up.

I took these LED lights off because I thought that they were responsible for making the HID spotlights flicker, and occasionally not allowing them to turn on.

However, I have worked out that the flickering spotlights is because of a loose connection in their dedicated circuit, rather than because of the LED headlights. I have fixed this problem.

I will get to re-fitting the LED headlights again soon, before heading off the Broken Hill and environs, since they have proven the best of the lot.

So, when the LED headlights were in place, a >500% improvement in light quality and spread. With the HID spotlights on, night turns to day, absolutely, and I swear u can see a km ahead.

There r 2 adjustments to make: up and down with the white knob thingy above the lights and laterally with a small screw on the inside of the light housing. Most people don't know about this one, including the dealers. You will need a Torx driver for this one.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 24-06-2018
MudSplasher

Liked 162 Times in 103 Posts

Kim, the outer ring comes on at about 5% for a DRL function
Sponsored Posts
Old 24-06-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 73 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
OK. I have used the stock OEM headlights and I agree that they r total crap, bordering on dangerous.

I now run these with Xenon globes and the light is even better... very white and bright.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for that info. So which Xenon brand are you running? Do you have model numbers/product name? Can these be run directly out of the existing OEM lenses without any updates to the looms? Would I need to bother with a light bar for a while???
Old 24-06-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 201 Times in 100 Posts

U can buy Xenon globes from any auto store and they will be a direct fit into the standard OEM lights and wiring loom.

But my set up includes the Delta 7" round units which has different engineering to improve light pattern and spread/focus. This is the set up in mine.

I am sure that if u improve the light bulb (eg 120% Halogen or Xenon bulb) u will still have a very big improvement over the stock bulbs.
Sponsored Posts
Old 26-07-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have just installed the Ignite 7 LEDs from Beyond4x4. Very happy with them and happy to recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk