Overlander 4wd February 2014 - potential inaccuracy in article reporting. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default Overlander 4wd February 2014 - potential inaccuracy in article reporting.

For GC and other interested Jeep owners, I've just sent the following email to the overlander 4wd editorial team, you may want to do the same on editorial@overlander.com.au

To the Editorial Team,
As an avid reader of your magazine, I was as always excited to see the February 2014 edition at the Airport
newsagent this morning. Even more so that you were doing a comparo of the value and running costs of the top
10 selling 4wd's in the last 12months and with a 3 year history.

I have to ask however why you excluded the Wk2 Jeep Grand Cherokee from the article?
Based on current sales, the JGC is currently successfully outselling all but one of the vehicles you have listed,
that being the Hilux.

I currently own and drive a 2012 JGC WK2 Laredo CRD and have kitted out with Uneek4x4 bullbar, Runva 11XP
Winch, Murchison 2&1/4" suspension lift, Mopar rockrails and underbody protection, BFG ATKO 18's, Dual
Battery and rear cargo mods. While not a current member, I am offroad driver trained by MJOC, active member
of Ausjeepoffroad and the vehicle is used successfully offroad in the Vic High Country. There are many
likeminded owners setting up the same.

Based on your criteria, the only exception I can see is not having a snorkel, which is currently in production by
Murchison Products in Bris.

I know you can't please everyone, and happy to be advised otherwise but disappointed in your research in this
instance.

Regards
Scott

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 04-02-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

hey scarps,
Good luck!
How many jeep adds are there in that mag?
Old 04-02-2014
Full Flexer

Default Overlander 4wd February 2014 - potential inaccuracy in article reporting.

Thnx there is some hope. Another JK Wrangler article in same edition

Old 04-02-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

What was the criteria? Other than being a top 10 selling 4WD.
Old 04-02-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I read the article and it's fairly well balanced, the criteria are, New purchase price, 3 year resale value, Expenses; 3 years servicing,Fuel for 60,000km, Insurance and a set of accessories, bull bar, 2" lift, AT tires, Snorkel, and a duel battery system. Cheers Doggy.
Old 04-02-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

Yep, I was sucked in once again to buying yet another 4x4 mag reading the cover and thinking for sure the GC would be in that line up.

Once again I was disappointed and left scratching my head.

Silly me I guess.

Good looking rig BTW Scott
Old 06-02-2014
Full Flexer

Thnx Hounds, pretty happy to date. Was just hard work to get it to this.

I received a polite reply from Marcus the editor of Overlander 4x4. Turns out He's only new and cannot explain why the previous editor omitted such critical detail in the research.

Ironically, Marcus has just moved from being editor of 4x4 Australia who just awarded the JGC 4x4 of the year for 2014.

Hopefully the message has been received and rectified at some stage.

Post New Thread  Reply