What could we do to improve things? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > AUSJEEP Updates and News
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Jimmy, I'd like to see the vendor section move away from the alphabetic listing to one where contributing vendors move to the top of the list, similar to regular posting. Not sure if this is possible though as they are sub-forums themselves.
Old 13-10-2014
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What about if you can tag a fellow members(or even vendors) in a picture, video or a post. Say I put a pic up of me 4wding with a couple other member, I could then load the pic, tag the other and they would get a message saying they have been tag. pretty much exactly like facebook... and maybe tag tracks and location.

It might get more conversation going, especially if you've been tagged I recon I'd be more likely to comment...
Old 13-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 39 Posts

The 'Like' feature may discourage some from posting on some threads. Instead of the forum being 'open' whereby anyone who has something to contribute can freely do so, some of the recent threads have been more like a two-party system where each protagonist has his little group of backers who keep 'Liking' his posts. If you 'Like' stuff, there's Facebook for that.
Old 13-10-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
Jimmy, I'd like to see the vendor section move away from the alphabetic listing to one where contributing vendors move to the top of the list, similar to regular posting. Not sure if this is possible though as they are sub-forums themselves.
Also, on the Vendor section - when a vendor posts in that section, it doesn't appear in 'new posts'.
Old 13-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Unfortunately it's not just this forum that is on a downward spiral. I have noticed most of my local haunts are starting to lack. Rockracing4x4 even though it was never busy has closed down. Outer limits is a bit of a ghost town. I think it has become to easy on Facebook/Instagram whatever else is out there to just log a comment or like a post or just throw up a quick photo. I even stopped coming here for a bit as there wasn't much happening in the tj section and the hardcore builds had stopped. But I decided to keep my build thread going and try and add my 2 cents where ever possible. As to actually changing ausjeep, I don't think there is to much you could change it has everything you need from a forum, it's just lost a lot of the informative old school crew. How are new member numbers looking jimmyb? Are they steady. Is there a whole bunch of people that havnt logged in for a while. I hope this place picks up again and hope that jeep isn't dying in australia.
Old 13-10-2014
No Winching

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sht50 View Post
unfortunately it's not just this forum that is on a downward spiral. I have noticed most of my local haunts are starting to lack. Rockracing4x4 even though it was never busy has closed down. Outer limits is a bit of a ghost town. I think it has become to easy on facebook/instagram whatever else is out there to just log a comment or like a post or just throw up a quick photo. I even stopped coming here for a bit as there wasn't much happening in the tj section and the hardcore builds had stopped. But i decided to keep my build thread going and try and add my 2 cents where ever possible. As to actually changing ausjeep, i don't think there is to much you could change it has everything you need from a forum, it's just lost a lot of the informative old school crew. How are new member numbers looking jimmyb? Are they steady. Is there a whole bunch of people that havnt logged in for a while. I hope this place picks up again and hope that jeep isn't dying in australia.
.................................................. .................................................. x2
Old 13-10-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sht50 View Post
I hope this place picks up again and hope that jeep isn't dying in australia.
Jeep is selling more than ever in Australia. But the increase is being driven by a different group of people, new to Jeep. Similar to what happened to LandRover.

I'd hate for AJOR to go away...
Post New Thread  Reply