Safety Recall W52 - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I will lift the lid on the cubby under the passenger seat and have a look tomorrow, the problem is, it is our only car and the missus just wants it sorted, if i wait a week for a module then it still doesn't work i'll never hear the end of it.
The other thing with it is when turning sharply at low speed the front end feels all lose and weird, i'm guessing it is the transfer case locking up the drive train, but I'm not sure.
Old 06-09-2021
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
ps: The supplier in Melbourne uses Express Post...unless your very remote....the part will be in your hands overnight...2 days max...unless your REALLY remote...then 3-4 days....just checked your 'GARAGE'....the Overland will/may have more than one module under the seat...as stated....smart fellas on here can help...your 'TAG' led me to believe you had an '08 model...I like what you have...would have bought one IF I had an extra 15k in the 'purchase bracket' I had when buying mine...the difference in module price is the difference in the vehicles...yours has an 8spd...mine has the old 5spd...PLENTY of guys on here with the exact same vehicle as yours....LOTS of experience
O.k I've ordered the module, now to wait for Australia post, if this doesn't work I'll be hitting you up for the cost of a pair of noise cancelling headphones, to zone out from the missus.
Old 06-09-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,895 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08crd View Post
O.k I've ordered the module, now to wait for Australia post, if this doesn't work I'll be hitting you up for the cost of a pair of noise cancelling headphones, to zone out from the missus.

probably take dealer longer anyway................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 10-09-2021
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Just drink....HEAVILY
The Tx case control module arrived today, swapped it out, the weird feeling from the front end, when on full lock has gone.
Feels like the problem is solved, will check out codes on Sunday when I drive 100klm home.
A big thanks to Farwest and all the other forum members for the help and a special thanks to All Grand Cherokee in Springvale Vic...0385213329. as farwest said great to deal with.
Ordered on Monday arrived in Perth on Thursday, just old fashioned service.
I pulled the old module to bits, interestingly the pins that go through the cct board aren't soldered, just push fit.

Last edited by 08crd; 10-09-2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2021
MonsterMoose

There you go, saved you heaps of dollars and diluted the heartache of going to a dealer plus you got your answer in a few days not a couple of weeks........... GR8 stuff and great you got back to us with the outcome...

AGC should be advertising on AJOR ( If they already do well thats great too) if not its time they did.

Old 10-09-2021
MonsterMoose

" I pulled the old module to bits, interestingly the pins that go through the cct board aren't soldered, just push fit. "

I read somewhere about someone soldering repairs on the board but never went to great detail, that might be what they were on about... Something to explore I think, your old module may not be ready for the bin, find someone who knows how to solder boards and you might now just have a spare ......... Next project for you.....

@Farwest don't chuck yours in the bin ................

Old 11-09-2021
MonsterMoose

Quote:
No chance....I keep everything for future reference....we do have an electronics genius here...he used to do all the electronics on the boats I worked on...will hand it to him and see what he has to say....he IS VERY talented
Be funny if it turns out all these dud TCM's are caused by a stupid push/pin connection design fault.

Post New Thread  Reply