GJC MY14/15 buying opinions/questions - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-01-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the 3.6. Has been rock solid in my 5 years with it and has only been affected by the standard recalls already mentioned here.

In its element on the highway, but walks up the tough stuff. Almost all the 4wd stuff I do is very steep and loose. It dry surfaces. Walks it easily and I don’t have an elsd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 20-01-2019
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Hey Silvarbullit,

I am sure that if you drove mine you would fall in love straight away.

With 223Kw and 724Nm........ and returning excellent fuel economy, why wouldn't you?

Just sayin.....

Cheers, Craig
Old 21-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The other big advantage of a diesel is the range. If you do long distance drives, it is much better. I put a 75 auxiliary tank on my 5 speed and could drive Melbourne to Hervey Bay without bothering to drop in to a servo. If I put one in the 8 speed I suspect I might make somewhere between Rockhampton and Mackay...

That kind of range is very useful in the Outback.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs

PS Plus the diesel is such a totally relaxing drive.
Old 21-01-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post
The other big advantage of a diesel is the range. If you do long distance drives, it is much better. I put a 75 auxiliary tank on my 5 speed and could drive Melbourne to Hervey Bay without bothering to drop in to a servo. If I put one in the 8 speed I suspect I might make somewhere between Rockhampton and Mackay...

That kind of range is very useful in the Outback.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs

PS Plus the diesel is such a totally relaxing drive.
This!
I have done trips Sydney to Melbourne and return or Sydney to Brisbane and return without having to refuel. Alternatively having all the time in the world to select where to refuel from is nice too. Also means trips to Fraser/Moreton Island can be done without having to carry/buy extra fuel.
Old 22-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Some of my real world numbers. Taken from the odometer and fuel pump readings. My speedo is about 2 km/h out - reads 100 km/h at 98 km/h.

Average of the last two trips. Lightly laden up, heavily laden back. Sitting on the speed limit, cruise control when practical. Overtaking trucks with "enthusiasm..."

Melbourne to Hervey Bay via Newell, one stop for fuel - 8.4 l/100 km

Hervey Bay to Sydney, straight down the coast, Brisbane at morning peak hour, no stops, 11 hours roughly - 7.2 l/100 km

Sydney to Melbourne, Hume Highway, no stops, about 8 hours - 8.2 l/100 km

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 22-01-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post
Some of my real world numbers. Taken from the odometer and fuel pump readings. My speedo is about 2 km/h out - reads 100 km/h at 98 km/h.

Average of the last two trips. Lightly laden up, heavily laden back. Sitting on the speed limit, cruise control when practical. Overtaking trucks with "enthusiasm..."

Melbourne to Hervey Bay via Newell, one stop for fuel - 8.4 l/100 km

Hervey Bay to Sydney, straight down the coast, Brisbane at morning peak hour, no stops, 11 hours roughly - 7.2 l/100 km

Sydney to Melbourne, Hume Highway, no stops, about 8 hours - 8.2 l/100 km

Cheers

Numb Thumbs

Yep, that sort of economy is unbeatable really.

Does anyone on this forum have the V8? I don’t see them written about much? I feel like it’s about 80% diesel 20% pentastar on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 22-01-2019
I just registered

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Ended up buying the Silver 3.6 Limited with QL I took for a drive, picked it up this evening. I'll throw pics up in the WL2 photos thread on the weekend when I get a chance.

Its deceptively quick for such a large machine, more than I realised when I started driving it home and its going to take a bit of getting used to switching from such a small performance car into a medium 4x4 with much softer handling but so far I'm really happy. Haven't had a chance to throw it around on the open highway yet.

The extra range on the diesel due to the fuel economy was one of the main things that interested me but I don't think I'll be doing too much driving that will take me out of range if I have an LRA tank fitted (eventually). Worst case a smaller jerry can or two on the roof in addition to the long range auxilliary tank should get me enough range to go between fuel stops to most places I'd want to go.

Thanks everyone for the advice and info!

Signature updated with Jeeper info.