HERCULINER Truck Bed Liners used on your Jeep? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > REVIEWS & NEW PRODUCTS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-08-2009
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default HERCULINER Truck Bed Liners used on your Jeep?

HERCULINER Truck Bed Liners are the durable and inexpensive solution to giving your truck bed new life! Just read what some of our customers had to say! You'd also be surprised to know how many other uses there are for HERCULINER!

Well thats what the website for Herculiner says. After receiving my delivery of the product from www.herculinersales.com.au I was all ready to make my own discussion.

My plan was to pull out the interior of my 05 TJ and coat the floor allowing for a more durable surface. As with most things, I thought about other applications on the Jeep also. To start with, I wanted to test a small section. At the rear entry gate, I decided I would coat the outside as a small test section.

Following the instructions and mixing the pot well, I cleaned the surface well, roughed it up with the scouring pad supplied and applied my first coat with the brush supplied. I would recommend also purchasing some cheap brushes your willing to throw out.

As with all paint, giving the surface a chemical clean is also recommended to ensure it adheres correctly.

The first coat is mainly just that, dont expect to get total coverage. After a couple of hours I brushed on the second coat and what a result. Its ROUGH, TEXTURED and I must say adds some character.

For the inside floor I followed the same process, but this time applied the first coat by brush and second with one of the two rollers supplied in the kit.

With some paint left I thought further and thought I would look at dealing with the trail damage on the front of the TJ. My front right guard had taken a decent hit and was pretty bent and creased.

After an hour and many different tools I had the guard straight and masked off the front leading edge on the guards so I could apply the Herculiner as front edge protection to the guards. Again, how happy am I with it.

It does mention on the instruction to make sure you avoid getting this product on your hands, yes well, take heed of this, its an absolute biach to get the splatter off, but alas after 3 days it will come off!!

So to sum up, getting some many options out of one tin of paint, getting a protective rubber coating thats durable for under $300...... Why wouldnt ya!!

Herculiner Individual Kit - $299 each ~ There are 'Buddy' kits also available so why not do a group buy with a few mates and have a painting weekend?

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 26-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Painting the front guards is a bit much, dont ya think??

Tis a good concept though, WAY cheaper than rhino-linings doing it for ya!
Old 26-08-2009
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

Well the front guard theory was this..... You can buy plastic covers that do the same thing, I had done panel beating and to go back to OEM I would have needed to prep, bog, sand, match yellow etc.... OR 15min later do this.

Also did the inside of the tail gate to give the whole back section a complete look.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 27-08-2009
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

Another of the front guard.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mime.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	35076  

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 27-08-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it flexible enough to take a hit? as in flex with the guard? or does it set a little more brittle?
Old 27-08-2009
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

Its very flexible as its got rubber in it. Going to try and avoid hitting the guard, but if I do Bundy will let you know more.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 27-08-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YOU!? avoid panel damage?!