Something terrible is happening... - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Blokes Advice
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts
Default Something terrible is happening...

Did you know that, for decades, my missus and her mates, all over 70, have been watching "The Bold and the Beautiful" (B&B) . Fair enough. I am happy for women (and men for that matter) to have their own gender focussed literature, movies, TV shows etc that consume their fascination for an hour or so each day. Gives one a bit of peace, each side of the coin.

For my missus and her friends, each and everyone of them, this B&B show is their religion: whatever they are doing, they must stop at exactly when it starts and watch with grim determination, to see who is on with who, who killed who, who is marrying who, who is getting divorced etc etc etc. No one but no one is allowed to interrupt the concentration.

Immediately after the show ends, the telephone lights up... this friend and that friend is on the other end... "Did u watch B&B? Isn't that... a so and so! Look what he has done to so and so. Oh, isn"t that one a nasty bit of work. Oh yes, that one was killed off a few years ago but has now reappeared".

On and on it goes. And on and on!!

Since I have retired, I am slowly being drawn into this claptrap... my missus insists on telling me everything about what is happening etc. She won't stop! I cannot get away because of lockup and if I wasn't going mad before, I sure as hell am feeling the heat now.

But worse, whether I like it or not, I am now also being told about everything that happens in "Midsomer murders"! This show seems a tutorial class on how to knock off anyone you don't like.
And she watches it each week, and the repeats!!

Am I alone? Am I in danger? Can someone help?

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 13-08-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Glad you reached out Friend the solution is easy surly you must have more than one TV in the house Start watching watching Star Trek from the 60's to now Every show now and spin off's don't cheat and soon my Friend when that Show comes up you wont care You will know all the history of the Federation You will be able to tell the Missus to piss off in Klingon and she wont even know what you are saying unless she has a English/Klingon Dictionary Free yourself another Cult awaits
"KaplaH!"
Old 12-08-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Liked 21 Times in 19 Posts

My wife tells me about Endeavour.
Old 12-08-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

But Stephanie is hot.
Old 13-08-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Take up fishing! or else go to your man cave, if you don't have one then make one in the shed/garage.
Your wife won't go in there and you get some peace and quiet to chill out doing things that you want to do, however many hours it takes!

My wife did the same when she was raising the 3 kiddies at home as I was out working, took a long while to wean her off that program!

Last edited by Ed..; 13-08-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 13-08-2021
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

You need a shed! With a TV so you can watch the 4wd programs.
Go and tinker with your jeep in the shed 1/2hr before her soapy program starts & dont go inside until 1/2hr after it finises.
You may need a heater in the shed for night time programs.
A second TV may help.
I know a number of younger ones that watch Home & Away and similar junk and think its real.
We feel your pain!
Old 13-08-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Thank you all so much for your support and caring words!!

Re the garage and shed. I have a biggish 2 car garage... I built floor to ceiling shelving on 3 sides... she has claimed half of it.

I have a 10x10 ft shed as well... she has claimed half of the shelf space.

If I make a space on the shelves in the shed or the garage, the minute I turn my back, she has claimed it! Filled it with some or other unnecessary that she bought years ago.

I had to build a storage room under the verandah (10x6 ft)... she has claimed ALL OF IT!!!

I have a separate TV etc but she insists on entering my sacred space and filling my head with all the crap she can from this show!

All of my family were fisher people...but not me. Hate fishing. Love being out in the bush. Oh God, please let me go out bush!!

No man cave yet. But I'm sure it will be lost to her. No point building one.

Tinkering with the Jeep... do that a fair bit but the problem is my missus is a hoverer. Always around. Hard to tell if the bad smell is her or her farts! Or mine!

Seriously, I have thought of divorce, but she would want half of that as well, no doubt!.
Post New Thread  Reply