New Grand Cherokee diesel Overland experience - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-07-2019
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New Grand Cherokee diesel Overland experience

Picked it up 20.06.19. First free service 1 week later where we reported the Quadra lift was not functioning correctly. They advises it was low on gas and it was recharged and now functioning correctly..I asked where did the gas go,? - got a blank stare as a reply. Went to depart to find the Uconnect was not loading correctly.

Dealer advises(after an hour of looking at it,) that it requires two upgrades and that one of them requires the Dealership to download a software to their system before the latestJeep upgrade can be downloaded. This was Friday afternoon and the downloads would take potentially 6hrs before being tabled to be installed into our vehicle. Decided to come back in a week to give the dealer to get his act together. My wife drives back 350km from our home to the dealer the following week to get the software updates installed - all good.

Drives out of the Dealership to find the Quadra lift not working again. Much discussions later we leave the vehicle with the dealer, I drive the 350,km over to get my wife. One week later the problem is still not identified but Jeep and the dealer decide to do a replacement of the valve distribution block- this includes compressor and front delivery lines.

You guesses it NIL STOCK AUSTRALIA!!!. VOR maybe 2 to 2.5weeks delivery, non VOR is estimated at 4 weeks delivery.

Not a good start for Jeep brand. We will be in the market for a smaller vehicle for our daughter next year - Not looking good for Jeep compass to be considered.

Last edited by Jimmyb; 30-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 28-07-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 388 Times in 218 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sound like they need to trace out the Quadralift pipework & check all the connection points/fittings & suspension bags for leaks. Hopefully they can sort it out soon.
In the meantime hit them up for a loaner car so you're not inconvenienced while repairs are being done.

Cheers
Old 28-07-2019
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yes it is a complete closed circuit so has to be a leak somewhere
Old 29-07-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

The dealer QL nitrogen fill gear has a gauge that tells them what pressure is in the system and if leaking..Should be around 170psi from memory. Their scan gear will also show numerous codes for faulty valve block etc.Did the vehicle lower itself to the ground and not come up,or was there no up and down system working at all.?A few years ago there was also a TSB re software not letting temp sensor work in compressor in freezing weather.
I would log all calls to the dealer,retain email s,note klms travelled with relation to this problem,.A loan car should be also be provided.I was told by a guy who worked in a Jeep dealership VORs were as useless as tits on a bull !!.and were used to placate difficult /irate customers.Found this out the hard way when two weeks ex US turned into seven.All the excuses under the sun.When you can get Jeep parts ex US from Rock auto,at a reasonable freight rate in seven days,something is wrong.
Old 29-07-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 356 Times in 200 Posts

the joys of having an apprentice working on your new car and the stealership just not giving a shit until accc gets involved
Old 29-07-2019
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Can't help feeling the pain for Firetrack. It would be bad enough to experience this on a car one, two or three years old, but it's bloody appalling for brand new. And the matter of dealer attitudes seems to be getting worse.
Old 29-07-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sounds to me as though the dealer hasn't a clue, they should be giving you a loan vehicle and getting the problem sorted.
This idea of fobbing people off, just leaves everyone with a bad taste in their mouths, Jeep aren't the only ones who do it.
Stand your ground, ring Jeep Australia and explain your predicament.
Post New Thread  Reply