Chrysler recalls 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, it said 5,603 jeep commanders and grand Cherokees. Doesn't give a breakup. Did give a customer care no. 1800•993•619. Owners will get a second letter closer to the launch.
Old 14-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

I got my recall letter in the post today.
Old 15-06-2013

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

mine came today as well
Old 16-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboken View Post
mine came today as well
Me To

Reads:

CUSTOMER RECALL N23
SOFTWARE UPDATE

Fiat Chrysler Group will recall approximately 5603 Jeep Commanders and Jeep Grand Cherokee's model years 2006-2010 and 2005 -2010 respectively nationally to perform a software update.
Chrysler Group LLC discovered some circuit boards may transmit compromised signals that enable inadvertent gearshifts to neutral. The software update prevents such occurrences.

The update will be performed at no cost to customers.

The recall has not been officially released in the United States as yet but Fiat Chrysler Group have taken a precautionary measure to notify all owners of the upcoming recall, which is due to be released July 2013.
Owners will receive a 2nd Letter explaining the official release once we have confirmed the launch.

To date the only occurrence of inadvertent gearshifts into neutral have been in vehicles fitted with a remote start-up function which is only available in the US .

Notes:
Chrysler's recall campaign number is N23. Owners may contact FiatChrysler Group customercare centre on 1800-993-619 should they wish to discuss this announcement.

Yours Sincerley

Alisha Giltinan
Warranty Coordinator

Chrysler Australia Ply Lld trading as Fiat Chrysler Group
437 Plum mer Street, Port Melbourne, VIC 3207
PO Box 23267, Docklands VIC 3008
Ph. +61 3 8698 0200, Fax. +61 3 8698 0250
ABN. 23 125 956 505

Quote:
Shrubby

Hi,

I rang jeep/chrysler australia about it the other day, and they ask for your engine number, within seconds he told me that it had 3 upgrades (modules with previous owner). When I queried the power train fault he told me that there was no further recall notices. I supose it's dependant on the engine number...
Well Scrubby what did I say about hearsay I heard about mis-information often coming from Chrysler/Jeep Australia....Wish they'd get their act straight treating us a bit like idiots when out there is the Internet where information flows freely...Well at the moment anyway.

Last edited by Wanderer; 17-06-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 17-06-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Chrysler recalls 2006 to 2010 Commanders

Same here

Sent from my talking bone
using white fella magic
Old 17-06-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ok here's a good one
I have been keeping a close eye on this thread awaiting my letter in the mail
last week I drove the commander to Melbourne on the way down I started having some troubles with the abs sensors going off and resetting and having to repair one from a broken wire aswell as a left hand parker circuit fuse needing replacing after doing this the car ran faultlessly down to Melbourne and while I was there it didn't miss a beat until on my way home in shepparton after getting some Chinese takeaway I started the car and put it into reverse then all the sensor lights went off again but this time it added a tpms low tyre pressure so I drove to the nearest servo and proceeded to inflate the tyre not once but 4 times because the low pressure warning wouldn't reset so I decided ill first eat dinner and then tackle the problem
hoping a lot of the sensors would reset with a battery disconnect after 10-20 mins or so any way they didn't
so after another couple of hundred km's on my way directly to dubbo Jeep I was in an 80km/h zone and was entering a 110km/h zone so I started to accelerate when the car reached about 90km/h it without warning or sound of any kind decided it wanted to be in neutral the car was revving out
I tried putting it in neutral and then drive while rolling but to no avail the only way I could get it back into to drive was to stop the car and then select either neutral and then drive or park then drive and continue on
at arriving at the jeep dealership in dubbo
I had the ecu read and diagnosed by one of there mechanics after being told by their service manager that he doesn't know why they stock this Jeep shit and that they are the worst head office of all their dealership cars they deal with he continued bagging the jeep brand for another min or so and then said he would get a tech to look at it
the tech found codes on transmission front diff abs and the orc (occupant restraint computer) was not responding at all
he cleared all codes and offered to take it for a drive
so I went with him
glad I did as he was pulling out in front of a truck on the newell hwy the commander dropped into neutral just as he was trying to accelerate ahead of the truck resulting in one very unhappy truckie and for the tech to have to change his jocks when we got back to the work shop he then also stated that the car was unsafe to drive due to the unpridcibility of the problem

so then I got on the phone to jeep customer care and spoke to shaun
who proceeded to tell me that my car was not part of the recall that he could find and the because the recall hadn't been officially realeased in even the united states
I then mentioned that I knew the recall had been released about a month ago however they donot have a diagnostic for it or know how to fix the problem he then said because it hasn't been officially released
that it wasn't jeep Australia's problem
and the dealership basically said well on your way and not to expect any help from Jeep Aus
1 hr out of Dubbo my wife rings and tells me of a letter from fiat Chrysler stating about the recall and I had one of the affect precautionary vehicles
so this morning I rang jeep aus in Melbourne and spoke with rob in complaints
told him what had happened and am demanding an outcome in my favour
we'll see what happens
Rob did seem disgusted with the way I was treated not only by the stealership in dubbo but also their own customer service person Shaun
and district service manager steven linnet
will keep you all informed on how I go with all this
plus ive got to upload some pics of my new custom rear steel bar with dual carriers and a few other mods to come like custom front bar new jeepn by al upper arms and even more lift than before
stay tuned
GO'ARD
Old 17-06-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Holy crap...What a saga..Goes to show you that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at Jeep Australia and how they hand out (vet) Jeep dealerships.

Last edited by Wanderer; 17-06-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply