WK2 Overland and bull bar compatibility sensor issues - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-06-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default WK2 Overland and bull bar compatibility sensor issues

Hi all I have posted this in another section as well.

I have had an installer say they have had nothing but problems with sensors and acc not working correctly after installing bull bars on overlands.

I have not heard this before and wondering if it's installer error.

Has any one had any problems or heard of any issues with sensors active cruise control not operating properly when fitted to their bull bar?

The installer said that they cause nothing but problems and I should think carefully altering the car given its expense and chance that it will not work as it did before the install.

This person suggested contacting the manufactures and get them to guarantee sensors will function as they would before bar install.

It all sounded very negative and I felt it seemed all be a bit to hard and it was a fairly reputable 4x4 store.

Any comments, thoughts welcome

Cheers
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Howdy Mark,

I have a 2015 Overlander and made enquiries about fitting a bull bar at a reputable aftermarket 4X4 equipment supplier in Perth W.A. approximately 15 months ago.
I was advised there were no bars manufactured which would not foul the A.C.C.

I also made enquiries with the John Hughes Chrysler/Jeep service manager Murray Hynes. Murray told me point blank that Jeep did not recommend fitting either a genuine or after market bar to an Overland model as the A.C.C. would constantly sense the bar and would trigger the auto braking function.

The only option to fit a bar is to remove the front parktronic module and deactivate the A.C.C. which then defeats the purpose of having an Overlander.

End result, I have not pursued fitting a bar any further as depreciaton is already a killer without disabling the factory features.

Cheers.
Old 14-06-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

I spoke to ARB about this and they said the development of the bars to suit the sensors lags behind the standard models so that they work properly but they didn't have any problems with them once they hit the shelves.
ECB have a different style of bar and I don't know if they have a model that suits the Overland or not.
What brand bar were you looking at?

Doug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperau View Post
I spoke to ARB about this and they said the development of the bars to suit the sensors lags behind the standard models so that they work properly but they didn't have any problems with them once they hit the shelves.
ECB have a different style of bar and I don't know if they have a model that suits the Overland or not.
What brand bar were you looking at?

Doug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking at ECB, uneek, ARB or the TJM explorer bar. All of which say are compatible with sensors etc and all have winch mounts. But was really more keen on uneek triple loop.

I may just go for the uneek hidden winch mount and pre- runner which will at least protects the lower front when off road.
http://www.uneek4x4.com.au/wk2-grand...-2014-current/

But really wanted protection for animal strike as well.

Be good to hear from some that have one of these bars installed. I like the look of the TJM explorer bar as well but it's heaven and single loop.

Thanks all for responses so far.
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

I have a TJM nudge bar on my overland. Nice unit. They installed little plastic eyebrows on 2 sensors - I assume these stop the sensors picking up the bar. They are cheap and likely to come off in a car wash.
Sensors acted up in the rain initially. Now I have rare issues from 1 sensor after heavy rain.
Old 14-06-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

We have a 2015 Overland and have just fitted the ECB bar with ACC provision. All sensors and the ACC working well so far.
Old 14-06-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Search front parking sensors in the forum.
It will give you the answers you need and more importantly the fix if you do have a issue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Post New Thread  Reply