4X4 Point; Any good?? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default 4X4 Point; Any good??

Has anyone got any experience with these guys?? What is the quality of their stuff like? I'm looking to get a Crankshaft Position Sensor off them after ordering the wrong style from Rockauto
Old 20-04-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah they are ok, they are a home business and some stuff is not always in stock and they order from over seas, if you are in a hurry, just ask them if they actually have the part you are looking for. Just picked up a Warn Rear bumper with 2 recovery points, a 2"x2" receiver for tow ball or bike carrier and comes with tyre carrier which fits of to 38" wheel
Old 20-04-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've used these guys a couple of times, I found them to be easy to correspond with and fast delivery.
Old 23-04-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I have bought a bit of gear off these guys for our xj. Sensors brakes etc. Been good and fast delivery.
Old 25-01-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey guys
I know this is pretty old now but felt like sharing.
4x4 point handy because it's an AuAustralia parts distributor.
Experience with latest purchase very poor made a big order and one part wasn't available and was on back order. I got all my goods 5 working days after payment which I think is slow and was waiting patiently for my back order item. I contacted them after 3 weeks to see how it was travelling and apparently I got credited for the out of stock item and I was pissed off. As I assumed it was on its way but in fact it wasn't It's as much my fault as there's but annoying .

Now it's in stock I've purchased alone with very expensive postage rates considering I only live in qld. I've now waited another 5 bussiness days and it's Australia day Monday so won't be seeing it till mid next week I suppose.

All in all pretty dissapointed in the service. I wish I went to a US store now would of been back on the road in 2 weeks instead of 3 and counting.
Old 28-01-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 228 Times in 157 Posts

I've had a good run with these people, 2 days for delivery of correct & good quality parts at a good price. The best I've ever had was from the Gas Strut Guys in Melbourne I think. Ordered a pair of struts for tailgate in the afternoon, here before lunch next morning. Think it was $28 for the pair, work perfectly. Can't say the same for struts I got for Ford Focus from Repco $88. Been replaced once (free) because the pressure was so high, the wife couldn't pull the tailgate down. Next set sound like a turpsed cat when you open or close the tailgate. Will be ordering a set from Gas Strut Guys, for about $50 I think. Would have got them there, but tailgate came down & cracked wife on the head, hence super quick trip to repco. Mate it sounded like an old bullocky out the front when it hit her. Regards oldon.
Old 18-10-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought I'd share my experience. Sebastian the online sales consultant doesn't reply well to questions and in the first instance directed me back their website. As if I haven't already been there. Consequently, the part supplied didn't work and is labelled with a different part number. Whilst the price of the part is very good, that means nothing if it doesn't work and the consultant is unhelpful.
Post New Thread  Reply