Alternator fail - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sounds like they will fix the problem.
Try that with most other makes, they just ignore it.

This is what I have found strange with regard Jeep, they recall cars to sort out problems, even on 8 year old cars and the press crucify them.

Yet other manufacturers chose to ignore obvious design faults, and the press don't mention it, unless it becomes common knowledge.

It is as though Jeep in some way has really upset the media, and there is some sort of vendetta against them, it just seems weird.

Last edited by 08crd; 01-01-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Ive found jeeps attitude to recalls to be excellent. Not really sure why the media reports recalls as bad. Every single car on earth experiences recalls and tommy jeep has no more or fewer than any other car I’ve owned.

My father in law was in the market for a 4wd and his mechanic told him to steer well clear of the WK2. Thing is I’ve never spoken to a WK2 owner who isn’t brilliantly happy with their vehicle. I think people just love to hate jeep.

In the end he bought a pajero sport for $64k. Close to $20k more than I paid for mine new. Apart from anything else, the value on the jeeps is outstanding. They’ve actually gone up in price since I bought mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 02-01-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Jeeps must be bad, I wouldn't be driving a slow noisy uncomfortable Toyota if they were so good.
Old 02-01-2018
I just registered

Default Update

Jeep Australia have agreed to tow the car to nearest dealer at their expense, and the indication is costs to fix will be covered as It’s related to a recall. But guess they won’t 100% confirm until the car has been assessed by the service centre.
Old 02-01-2018
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprod View Post
..........I think people just love to hate jeep............

Yep, mostly Toyota & Nissan owners, and the media. They also hate Land Rover, conveniently ignoring the fact that Jeep & LR have long been significant award winners globally.
Old 02-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Yep, mostly Toyota & Nissan owners, and the media. They also hate Land Rover, conveniently ignoring the fact that Jeep & LR have long been significant award winners globally.

Who’s got the energy for all that drama anyway? Everyone is just out there trying to enjoy themselves! If you want to spend $100k on a land cruiser or $5k on a Suzuki, Good on you I say.

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 02-01-2018

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts

Hi Rufus, My 2012 GC CRD had the same issue late October 17, only I was on the M1 and lost everything as I exited , I rang Jeep and was advised that at that point there was no recall for CRD but to get it fixed and keep my receipts as they were of the opinion that a recall would most likely happen this year, all off the record by the way, so will wait and see. The repairer advised that it was the same issue as the recall.
Post New Thread  Reply