Ormeau: Closed. - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Queensland
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-04-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love how people point fingers, blame everyone else and allways have the answer.
Old 13-04-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozab View Post
I really dont think this is any suprise to anyone.. Half of this state is fenced off from bikes and 4wds. I have lived in most states and have never encountered so many closed off places and such hard bullshit laws about lifts, tyres, etc. I think there is a few reasons and i know its not going to concern everyone but it only takes the small majority to ******** it for everyone.

1 being that every time i drive up the bruce there are ********witts doin circle work in the pine forests next to the motorway which attracts negative attention and (I have even been flagged down off the motorway to help pull some douche bag out)

2 being half of you queensland peanuts drive around for weeks with mud all over your cars sayin look at me look how cool i think i am and

3 because half of the 4wds here are not maintained and the work that is done is not done properly eg Shortcuts taken so it looks cool but isnt really safe.

Thats not half my opinion but thats all im gonna say and this is from what i have seen happening and by lookin at other 4wds around the place..
So sorry lads if you want it to stop maybe pull your peanut heads in and think about what you and your irrasponsible mates do before the gates close and not just bitch after its to late..

Thankfully that's not even half of your opinion.......

What a lot of rubbish, generalisations, exagerations and unfounded claims..

What's with the peanut fetish?.
Old 13-04-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although it's been said here already. But probably lost amongst the dribble and name calling..

The area's that are (and always have been) closed, are private property. Is it so hard to understand?

There is some crown land at Ormeau, I'm not sure where the boundaries are. But I'd be pretty pissed off too if people were dumping rubbish, driving on my property etc...
Old 13-04-2010
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post

hey grilly, i'm a qlder and even i can see that he's actually spot on in ways. There's some bloody idiots driving vehicles which just shouldn't be on the roads up here in the smart state...maybe its because i'm a southsider I see more of the junk on wheels people wheel in here? But then again last time i went wheeling with a bunch of northside hilux guys their home made coil rear ends were cracking and falling apart at an alarming rate not to mention the ones with non functional rear brakes. I was simply gob smacked. yeh ok it is a bit of a massive generalisation but its not that uncommon to see what he is describing and it does contribute to the problem a bit.

In general though I think the police/DoT are doing a good job in getting these deathtraps off the roads.

And I do think those turkeys who get stuck on the side of the bruce highway are dickheads and no i would never (well, it depends but i'm certainly not taking time out of my day to do it) stop to help one out (i hate mud).

Crown land at ormeau - I'm going to try and do a mini nav run and see what is still open and post up a map of what is still available.
Old 13-04-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah it would be good to know which part of Ormeau is crown land and which is private, maps anyone? The problem is a lot of this land at Ormeau is not fenced and no signs exist.
Old 13-04-2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post

I like my peanut butter with honey on toast
Old 13-04-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like i said IOOI

It only takes a small amount of people to do it. Did i point fingers directly?? Why dont you go take a look one weekend it wont even make you laugh you will look in amazement at the shirtless dudes with no shoes trying to push and tow each other out while there other mates in other cars try and spray them with mud at the same time as nearly cleaning up the whole group of them.. Imagine what all the people are thinking that use that road including famalies, government workers, polititions, cops, greenies, All the people that have a say in the world. You may not care but i dont want people thinkin im one of them every time they see me in my 4wd. But thats what they see they dont see the little groups off camping for the weekend doin good serious harmless 4wding way out in the bush (which is where i and many others prefer)

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE TO STOP THE IDIOTS...
Post New Thread  Reply