WH CRD another diff gone bugger!! - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-04-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

ACCC
Dpt consumer affairs or equivalent.
I know here in WA a dealer cant void a warranty for none dealer servicing.
and think there is something with the ACCC about anti-competition, to stop price fixing amongst dealers. So other service centres try to keep them honest.
And when buying a new vehicle I asked the question about servicing and warranty, (I live 600km from the nearest Chrysler dealer) and was told as long as the log book is stamped and correct fluids and parts are used warranty cant be void. guess that's why they want receipts. Though I have found the dealers them selves don't use the correct fluids. They filled my power steering with ATF drove 600km and it was noisy and heavy, had to flush it myself after they sent the correct fluid.
Old 15-04-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's rubbish! You can service it wherever you want, as long as you do service it as per the schedule. That's the law for a factory warranty, there's no negotiation on that. On an extended warranty however I believe they can actually require that you have it serviced at a dealership
Old 17-04-2011

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv View Post
Did you know - were you ever told - that for warranty to be honoured, you must always have it serviced at a Jeep stealership?
When you are travelling as we have for two and a half years although the vehicle has been stamped in the service book Jeep consider it to be an incomplete service record and require invoices from the Jeep dealerships to "piece together" the service history.
All owners of Jeep vehicles still under warranty - keep your invoices and service records!
Yes, this is common practice.
Old 17-04-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv View Post
Did you know - were you ever told - that for warranty to be honoured, you must always have it serviced at a Jeep stealership?
I'm not the expert here, but a lawyer who takes questions on the ABC radio regarding consumer affairs has again and again insisted that this is not the case and will fail if challenged by law.

As for getting my Jeep serviced at my local dealer - I've dealt with them once and justifiably have zero confidence in the experience / ability of their mechanic. An experienced mechanic at another dealership though was good I must say.
Old 18-04-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

on another note mate
i have just repaired my front diff on my xh 2007 as it had a real bad harmonic sound audiable at speeds over 80km/h
it was found to be the front prop shaft
the cv on the transfer case end was shagged
so off to jeeeparts to find another
replaced it and no more harmonic sound
i can now tell how baddly my wheels are out of balance
because i can acutally here my very loud bfg km2's
so just a thought
it could be the same as i believe it has happened to few in the past
Old 25-04-2011
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

thanks Go'ard, am looking at that too the Rockhampton dealership DC Motors, drove it for 260Kms & had it for 3 days but only changed the diff oil.
Said it should be right now!! Well actually - as soon as I drove out of Rockhampton, the noise was back from 84 KM/h onwards, go figure!!!!
This remains unchanged, it has been there now for 10,000 Km's.
As we are heading north from here (Rocky area) I am having some discussions with Jeep as to my best option to get it repaired.
Jeep have said they will fix the problem, regardless of the fact that the original 3Yr warranty had now expired but my extended 2 yr / additional 75,000 Km is now in force.
I will refer your experience to the next Jeep dealer who looks at my vehicle.

Last edited by johnv; 25-04-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 28-04-2011
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Vehicle now booked into Pickerings at Townsville for next week, Jeep have indicated that it would be my best option for a resolution to the issue.

Having said that, I hope you poor buggars in Rockhampton never have a serious problem with your Jeeps - DC Motors are clueless and their customer service to date has been appalling - untill Jeep became involved and gave them a rocket and then it was still only half arsed!

In the southern states a dealership who charged me $1900 for an 80,000 km service but couldn't back it up in less than a month for a warranty issue, after dozens of phone calls, would get themselves on National TV and go out of business!

I have had several services done at that establishment and every time there has been several things left undone or half repaired, that I have had to fix myself, or in one case drive another 240Km round trip to get it re-repaired!

Do I sound p ----d off - you bet!

They do have some issues - cannot keep mechanics -they all go to work in the mines for double the $$

Last edited by johnv; 28-04-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: add info
Post New Thread  Reply