Petrol vs diesel - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 38 Times in 30 Posts

Its all good, my panties aren't in a knot.
why didn't you just ask my why my cars didn't last long.
Old 01-01-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx steve View Post
I have own many cars in my driving life. I have only had one, that the engine lasted over 200k and that was a 1989 skyline with the RB30 engine.
Even if a car engine last over 200k every thing else in the car starts to fail.
That's what happens to me anyway.
So if I get 200k out of my diesel, I will be happy by that time the rest of the jeep would be falling to pieces.
Because you wrote this^^^^^ stating matter of fact that engines don't last more than 200k
Ive had many cars around the 350-450k mileage Hiluxes patrols cruisers VW's rodeos etc and none have fallen apart just require a little mechanical sympathy.
My 142 Scania has done 1.7 million km and its tired but i keep nursing it along and despite a few minor breakdowns its still a 450hp 11ton money earning machine thats fun to drive.

Last edited by Johnboy; 01-01-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2016
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx steve View Post
Its all good, my panties aren't in a knot.
why didn't you just ask my why my cars didn't last long.
Why didn't you tell the whole story which would completely change the context of your statement in relation to this discussion..
Old 01-01-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 38 Times in 30 Posts

I should of told the whole story, but I didn't want to bore you guys.
My last car was a Landover discovery say no more LOL,
I think I have made many bad choices in cars
I will see if my Jk jeep Diesel will last 200k but I wont hold my breath,my jeep Its nearly 7years old now with only 52k so when it reaches 200k it will be 28years old.

Last edited by kx steve; 01-01-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2016
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
Because you wrote this^^^^^ stating matter of fact that engines don't last more than 200k
Ive had many cars around the 350-450k mileage Hiluxes patrols cruisers VW's rodeos etc and none have fallen apart just require a little mechanical sympathy.
Totally agree don't even really need extra mechanical symphony, I've had a petrol Patrol that got it's first set of brake pads at 200k and a new radiator in the hands of the next owner at 360k and had done it's fair share of towing, city driving and beach work. All it got was normal servicing, certainly didn't need babying and never had a cent in repairs/replacements other than that. Only thing really wrong with the rad even was it wore out from vibrations and general abrasion from road crap. Had a cruiser with 380k on all original running gear except suspension and same for my 420k Patrol, even still on original turbo.
Plenty of WG owners who've clocked up close to 300k before selling. Base engine has always been strong but we can't say the same thing about the CRD ancillaries. Gearboxes and mechanicals fine. It's the injectors, pumps and sensors etc that do not have the longevity. No so bad in a petrol when you can buy all 8 injectors for less than the price of one CRD one and fit them quite easily yourself.