Who is having a great trouble free run from the JK? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I love my JK, have just done 10k service and have not had any issues other than ones I have caused myself. So far I have:

1. Removed both rear mudflaps at random times and have no idea where I did
2. Added additional 1" clearance between the rear bumper and the rear tub on the drivers side only, not sure why. Must have been a good idea at the time
3. added additional 1mm ground clearance by removing all the paint from the bash plates on the bottom
4. washed the carpet (twice now) by leaving the side and rear sft top windows out in the rain.
5. provided hours of entertainment when the overhead speaker bar filled with water when it rained (top off) and then when i reversed down the drive way it nearly drowned the wife ......still paying for that one....she refuses to get in it again.....still working out if this is a bad thing.....
6. custom pin striping on both sides and the hard top roof, unfortunatly they are not straight, more free expression by an epileptic

That is all I can think of for now.....

PureCaboose
Old 09-09-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

drowned the wife.. hahhaha thats great.
Old 09-09-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its good to see the enjoyment of the vehicle and what is stands for in the lifestyle option is showing in everyone. Yes I must agree that its the after sales and servicing that seems to cause the most anger and frustration amongst the owners and the dealerships and CJ need to buck there ideas up in this regard as the Aussie Jeep following is getting bigger and more aware by great forums like Ausjeep.

I would reccomend a JK to anyone and if it was not there cup of tea then I would say look at the rest of the jeep range and see what fits.

Keep up the good comments.

JTO
Old 09-09-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeptheone View Post
As the title says, who is loving their JK and has had no issues at all?
Pick me, Fat Cat! Would've loved a diesel Rubi but you get that...

B.
Old 09-09-2008
I LOVE MY JK WRANGLER

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Just got home from the Service dept. Can't fault the service at the moment - will seewhat it's like when I take it back in 3 weeks or so for the replacement soft top.

What happened? Don't know - noticed the other day that the top seems to be coming apart in the middle - nothing major, few drops of water in really heavy rain he other day, but nothing really that I was worried about.
Other fault that I had found (not a fault in my book but a fault with the car) is that I no longer need to have my foot on the brake to take it out of park (Like I said - no big deal really - the handbrake is always the last to be disengaged). Anyway, the entire gear selector mechanism has to be changed (probably due to a broken switch in it somewhere) so the parts are on order from Melbourne. Replacement soft top comes from Germany. 3 weeks for that.

I don't know if expect less than others but I fully expected them to repair the top, and I'm not worried about the shift selector, so to have both parts fully replaced under warranty is to me really good service. (Considering my thoughts on this particular dealership 11 months ago this is really saying something)
Old 09-09-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did I Mention I Love Mine

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 09-09-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsy85 View Post
Yeah i've had problems, but ******** i love my JK
Its the nut behind the wheel thats the problem