What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1273 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-12-2014
I LOVE MY JK WRANGLER

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Oh, that's just a Euro plug. Strange that one you have bought doesn't fit.

They are a very tight fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Yeah it was very tight. It was wrong. There was a couple of ridges in the outside that didn't match up. I cut them off and it still didn't work. It looks slightly different on the inside.
Old 14-12-2014
Full Flexer

Ordered a uneek4x4 budget bar for the JK, my own Christmas present
Old 14-12-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

I took the old factory deck into Autobarn to get mine. was for a Saab or Audi or something Euroish as whoever they get them all from didn't have a listing for one against Jeep JK at all.
Old 15-12-2014
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMeat View Post
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/sp...si-904409.html

The yanks also recommend adding stuffing to the sound bar (polyfil)
I did that to mine. Posted it on page 2 of this thread on JKOwners. For the cost of a pair if cheap pillows from K-mart (~$6), it made a fantastic difference.
Old 16-12-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

The biggest thing your going to battle is keeping the sound in the cab. Have a look at any comp audio vehicle and the sound deadening runs into the $thousands. If you've got a soft top or topless you'll struggle. High density rubber above the speaker will help if your cheap or get the proper deadening stuff. If you've got the money get a decent compact amp and new speakers capable of taking a much higher current and tune them on the amp.

You can use the factory speaker frame as an adapter to mount a good speaker 6" I think fits but check as its been a while since I did mine and silicon/rivet you new speaker to it. I've got multiple user programmable settings on my deck tho son only need to touch a few buttons to switch between modes.

Anywho, moving along, with the success of my DIY tube doors and recovery point I have moved onto my next project. Sliders. Started out going a full DIY job and made up sill brackets but picked up a cracking deal on a set of rubicon sliders for the grand total of 2 cartons of strongbow so $85. Picked up 4m of 35mm NB tube and 1m of 25mm NB today for $40 as there is nothing suitable in the rack at work. Took a few measurements, cut the ends as wanted, cut out a couple holes for mid supports and taking it all to work tonight to MIG it up and slap some paint on it to seal it up from the elements. Also grabbed a can of textured bed liner paint to finish it off from SCA for $22. So total cost of $147 and 40km travel and this is where I'm at presently.

Old 16-12-2014
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Roof basket on ready for some time away over Christmas, it's the only way we can fit 3 in the Jeep and take all the things a wife and daughter "need" to take With 3 bikes going on the back as well my JK is a proper burrito (little donkey)

Cheers
Steve
Post New Thread  Reply