Which models came without DPF? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

As far as I know deleting a dpf from a factory fitted dpf vehicle is illegal.

Gearboxes, interior etc can all be changed so i guess in that regard it would make no difference which you get but if its factory DPF it must always have dpf or be illegal.

If that is correct from what I have read... then thr 2010 would be the way to go. No dpf and the rest of it can be modified.
Old 05-04-2017
MudSplasher

Liked 133 Times in 104 Posts

adding bigger tyres is also illegal.
Changing most front bars is illegal.

Ill take the illegal path and have my 60k new jeep last a few years after the warranty runs out.

you can disable it, gut it and from the out side it still looks 100% fine, PCM will still think its there also.. Only way known its not working is if had an emission test.. Which it must have failed (shrugs) worst case you replace it..
Old 06-04-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 51 Times in 47 Posts

You could always go for an early (non DPF) 6 speed manual and by pass any possible issues with the earlier auto box with much more scope in oil choice.
Old 06-04-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Uhm...

Just on the legality side...

If you fit bigger wheels, change stuff etc... as long as it gets engineering approval that it meets certain saftey things (eg you put bigger whels on which makes more stress to suspension so you beef up the suspension also to make up where it lacks) it is completelly legal to do that and no problem whatsoever.

Can you get a DPF delete and have it approved engineer wise or is that one of those things that are illegal fullstop?

Regarding issues with earlier auto box... which?

Would those issues be present in the newer 2011 box?
Old 06-04-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

There are certain things you can do that are still legal. Usually a 2" lift and 33's on a JK should be legal (depending on which state you're in). If you go outside of your state's legal mods then you will need to get an engineers to sign it off to keep it legal. What an engineer will sign off depends greatly on the engineer from what I can gather. Some are more open minded than others. Regardless, better to consult the engineer before you do the mods to make sure he'll sign them off before you spend your $$.

Could be wrong but I don't think you'll get any engineer to sign of on DPF delete, or EGR delete. Only way you'd get this approved is if you're doing an engine swap as well and the new engine doesn't need them.

The only issues I know of with the old auto tranny is it running hot. An additional oil cooler will sort that so nothing to worry about. Not sure if the new tranny still runs hot or not.
Old 06-04-2017
MudSplasher

Liked 133 Times in 104 Posts

Emissions are year built, so you will NEVER get an engineer to sign off on it. Let alone get EPA approved for street rego.

The manual boxes are known to be pretty crappy, poor gearset and dual mass flywheels, leaking slaves.. which is why they are discontinuing them.

Nag1 auto is the way to go, parts are easier to get and things like larger sump pans for extra fluid and added cooling are a bonus,
Other then the known torque converter problem (needs to be rebuilt if you are running big rubber and alot of off road work)

You are looking into it too much, the DPF while it is crap... it can be over come and isn't a massive deal breaker.. I would still take a 2011+ over the early model.
EGR disable offers many benefits like cleaner intakes with out carbon build up and longer injector life.

To give you some background on my responses, I have owned 2 Crds and done over 300,000km in them. I was pretty much the first person in Aus to have to rebuild mine, which now due to my background in engine building, Run MidnightMods.com.au which services, rebuilds and supplies all the genuine CRD engine parts. So everything is from real work knowage and not hear say internet talk.

I have opened up well over 50 CRD JK's to date, and run the facebook CRD JK page which I do write ups, how to's and answer questions.
Old 10-04-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

The NAG1 you are refering to here "
Nag1 auto is the way to go, parts are easier to get and things like larger sump pans for extra fluid and added cooling are a bonus,
Other then the known torque converter problem (needs to be rebuilt if you are running big rubber and alot of off road work)"

Is this the previous 2007-2010 box or thr 2011+ box you are refering to?
Post New Thread  Reply